HEAVY DUTY AXLES...

A hunt 2 remember

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Has anyone replaced the front axles on their 2019 Defender?? If anybody has... which axle did you choose? Which model of Defender? Because I guess it matters? What does a cab have to do with axles? Then... aren't 16-19 the same? I can find some that say they fit 16-17... but not the 18 & 19 models? Huh??? @Andystoy19? Got any clues?? I'm about ready to be the GUINEA PIG for the Rhino 2.0 axles for the 16-17 HD10 Defender XT cab and PRAY!!! They fit my 19!! Maybe @Toolboy could shed some light?

Okay okay..... you guys are out PLAYIN' while I'm broken down..... 😢

I can't seem to get enough internet to do some SERIOUS research... BUT... I'm pretty sure I have it fugured out.... fitment chart this.... drop down box that..... BRP parts page..... (16-20) OMG..... THE 20's.... HOW MANY AXLES CODES DO THEY NEED??? Spring rates and GC...??? What actually changes them??? But anyways... If you buy them.... THEY ARE YOURS... so I don't really want to F this up.... But it seems to me that from 17-19 are the same axles in the front.  It looked like the 16 was different... but researching on a phone in the mtns... is a bit tough... Not putting this on anyone ( @Toolboy @Andystoy19😉 😉

But I think you two could help.... AND.... if ANYONE ELSE can make an attempt at this research and chime in..... I'D LOVE YOU MAN!!!

For those that don't know... I have a 19 HD10 XT full cab.... I have actually added the 2" forward A arms.... So the possibility of the 20's fitting could be there.... 

HELP......

😢

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

SQUIRREL!!!!!!

Okay.... I guess I should have added the axles I think will fit... and what I believe I  have now...

First off, I think I have OEM #705401936 and 705401937....

What I'm looking at and HOPING THEY WILL FIT.... is a set of Rhino 2.0 that SuperATV have. Only thing is... fitment chart says yes... but drop downs don't have the 19.... is it that no one has actually FITTED THEM on a 19? My dealer SUCKS.... And I can't get an answer from them... So I call BRP direct.... only to get, "your local dealer is your first point of contact".... TRIED THAT!!! TALK TO ME BRP!!! Is it really a SECRET???

I actually think with the 1.5" of lift and the 2" forward A arms 20's would fit.... but that might not be a bet I'm willing to go "ALL IN" on....

😉

One other thing... I talked with a canam dealer that also sold Moose Utility axles and told me that the 0214-1729 & 1730 will fit Bear. Yet I don't see them on moose's website fitting the 19... Should I just go with the moose axles and let them buy them. That way if they DON'T FIT it will be his word that bought them... and he should return them... Problem is, I have 50 worth of savings on the Rhino's... But..... My head hurts trying to figure this out... but I don't have time to give it time....

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

I can't help you with the fitment of aftermarket axles, I am hoping to be able to stay with stock.🙂

1 hour ago, Andystoy19 said:

I can't help you with the fitment of aftermarket axles, I am hoping to be able to stay with stock.🙂

Gotcha... Would you by chance know if even the OEM axles are the same on a 17 XT cab as a 19 XT cab??? HD 10.... Hoping to get an actual CanAm tech manual so I can reference/cross reference parts and part #'s myself...

The info on line is at this link https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/ca/en/shop/for-sale/parts-iframe.html you can toggle back and forth between years and compare part numbers, the parts you are looking for are under front suspension? They also list premium half shaft kits for the Defender 705401937 and 36, one is L and one for R, I don't know what the difference is between Premium and Standard? Good luck with your search, I know you are interested in aftermarket but I have no experience with any of those suppliers. There may be more than one half shaft fitment for the Defender which is a bit of a surprise?🙂

23 minutes ago, Andystoy19 said:

The info on line is at this link https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/ca/en/shop/for-sale/parts-iframe.html you can toggle back and forth between years and compare part numbers, the parts you are looking for are under front suspension? They also list premium half shaft kits for the Defender 705401937 and 36, one is L and one for R, I don't know what the difference is between Premium and Standard? Good luck with your search, I know you are interested in aftermarket but I have no experience with any of those suppliers. There may be more than one half shaft fitment for the Defender which is a bit of a surprise?🙂

Thanks man... been here and found that out myself.... as well... I guess my question to you would be.... if the aftermarket says it replaces said OEM #.... Then it should be good to go no matter the year drop downs.....? That is what Im looking at.... I'll go get the link and be back...

https://www.superatv.com/rhino-2-can-am-defender-stock-length-axles

Edited by A hunt 2 remember

My guess would be that you are correct they should fit as advertised, however, I would make sure that you can return them if they don't fit? When you get them lay them side by side and see if they are the same length, spline diameter etc. if yes they should fit. It would be interesting to hear what you saw when you compare them vs stock?🙂

Well, it seems the "cab" model has its own axles/ codes..... 705402170 and 171.... So what is the difference???? Calling superatv.com for MORE ASSISTANCE.... 😢

Well, it's confirmed... the 19 cab has its own axles... And it seems.... THE RIGHT FRONT IS JUNK!!! BUT..... Gorilla axle is MAKING ME a set for Bear... But just like everythung I've done to him.... THEY AIN'T CHEAP!!! 1360.00 for the front pair... LIFETIME REPLACEMENT... SO..... after recouping from the past couple months... I will be getting a pair of rears... Then???...... A clutch kit maybe.... maybe a turbo first.... then a clutch to spin it!! IT'S NEVER ENDING!!! At least with this addiction I have something to show for it...

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Once you start swapping a arms and adding lifts breaking axles is the norm I think for a lot of folks that play hard. Not to mention the added weight you have with a cab unit. Probably the reason for different part number from factory on your axles.
Adding clutch upgrades and a turbo and I’m sure you will be taking advantage of that lifetime warranty. Sounds like some nice axles though and I hope bear can be rolling down trails again soon. 

On 5/27/2020 at 8:02 AM, A hunt 2 remember said:

Well, it's confirmed... the 19 cab has its own axles... And it seems.... THE RIGHT FRONT IS JUNK!!! BUT..... Gorilla axle is MAKING ME a set for Bear... But just like everythung I've done to him.... THEY AIN'T CHEAP!!! 1360.00 for the front pair... LIFETIME REPLACEMENT... SO..... after recouping from the past couple months... I will be getting a pair of rears... Then???...... A clutch kit maybe.... maybe a turbo first.... then a clutch to spin it!! IT'S NEVER ENDING!!! At least with this addiction I have something to show for it...

Probably gonna need a driveline too... 😉

• Member ID:  323
  • Content Count:  50

Sorry I can't help on this issue.  I haven't had any problems with my axles, but mine machine has been broken down and in the shop for the last 2 months.

Well here's an update... First off let me say, SIDE BY SIDE STUFF IS A JOKE!!! But I'm not gonna elaborate... BUT.... GORILLA AXLE IS AWESOME!!! NOT CHEAP!!! BUT AWESOME!!! And were STRAIGHT UP WITH ME!!! The double plunge design, along with the HD 40° CV's and Chromoley shafts make these things look dame near INDESTRUCTIBLE!!! But I still opted for the lifetime warranty.... 

A HUGE THANK YOU!!! To Amanda and the crew at #gorillaaxles for building me a set and overnighting them to me.... Even with the ups hiccup....

20200604_172340.jpg

• Like 2