2023 Oil Filter Relocation Kit

Dennis68

• Member ID:  2,174
  • Content Count:  49

So, I was looking where they hid the oil filter on these buggies. Crazy that they couldn't have put it in a more convenient location. I run across this as it was on my mind. I still need to call my dealer and make sure it wouldn't void my warranty. Has anyone used one of these kits, or know of any other options. See link below for info on the kit.    https://marqcadeng.com/shop-mce-offroad/ols/products/can-am-sxs-remote-oil-filter-kit/v/CAN-AM-SXS-RMT-DFN-201 

• Member ID:  1,030
  • Content Count:  47

interesting to say the least!

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  2,115
  • Content Count:  4

inconvenient but not $320 inconvenient.   need to call my friends at alibaba..

• Like 1

Viking76, I hear ya on the money part. My dealer still has not gotten back with me on if that would void my warranty or not. That was the first kit I came across that looked like a quality kit, there are probably some cheaper ones out there, but again sometimes cheaper cost ya more in the long run. What is alibaba?

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Content Count:  146

marqcad is good quality and Ryan makes some awesome stuff for defenders and other machines.  He isnt some over seas knock off and is worth supporting if you want to buy something.  he is in WI and sponsors racers, etc. not just collect money and run.  its too bad that people are so quick to jump ship on something that is well thought out, works well, and is a little more expensive to find some chinese or indian knock off to copy it after someone puts in the hard work to design something nice...  you buy a 30k machine and complain about $350 for something that is to help make life easier... 

Guys that have the kit love them- if it is something that you feel you need, it will definitely make an oil change on a limited a lot faster and less messy.  anything except the limited isnt really a big deal anyway.  the limited has extra stuff on the block that are in the way, i think it is a compressor or something for the AC unit.  the rest of the blocks are wide open in the back and very easy to change without additional items.  flip the box up and change it in 10 minutes.

steve

Totally understand what your saying, I have yet to buy a part because it was cheaper. I have a saying around my house "BUY ONCE - CRY ONCE". If it is a quality product I have no problem making the right choice if it is something I need/want. Marquad relocation kit is a quality product no doubt. I am still waiting to hear back from my dealership as to it hurting my warranty by installing it or not. Thanks for the reply, and have a great weekend.

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Content Count:  146

Did you get an extended warranty or just the standard 6 month?  By the time you are ready for your first or second oil change, you'll be out of warranty if the 6 month one is all you have, then it won't mak any difference.l if you buy it or not for them.

Steve

Yes, I bought the extended warranty. Leaning towards putting it on anyway. Its not considered a performance modification so I really don't see it being an issue.