Highest mileage Defender...

pmbaseball24

• Member ID:  298
  • Content Count:  107

How many miles/ hours do you currently have on your defender? Include your year, model and engine! Have you ran into any major mechanical problems other than routine maintenance?

I’ll kick it off! I won’t win this challenge, but you can’t beat hearing stories on these machines proving their durability and dependability through the test of time.

2020 Defender Max Lonestar HD10

267 miles/ 19.4 hours 

No issues at all! 

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

No issues here!!! 2019 HD10 full cab. My stator draw is MAXED OUT. But with a little amperage management it's under control!! Got Bear in Mid October. He's got 1000+ miles on him now and LOVING IT!!!! Going for a clutch kit and 30's 

20200125_145811.jpg

20200125_165016.jpg

• Member ID:  323
  • Content Count:  50

I put 32" tires on mine but am going to leave the clutching alone.  I love the higher speed cruise capability.

On 2/10/2020 at 6:01 PM, Toolboy said:

I put 32" tires on mine but am going to leave the clutching alone.  I love the higher speed cruise capability.

32's? Any rubbing at all? What is your shock preload setting? Did you stay 9" up front and 11" in the rear?  Dot tires? 

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

I am not sure how you would have "higher speed cruise capability" with stock clutching and 32" tires?  I have 30" on mine and stock clutching and can only reach 58 mph corrected at 6650 RPM, a big loss from stock tires. Mine definitely needs a clutch kit as it is obvious the stock clutching does not allow the engine to get enough RPM throughout the shift range which would improve performance and belt heat. 

I haven't found a clutch kit yet but have been looking at the options and will post in the builds section once I purchase and install it.🤔

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  372
  • Content Count:  2

I purchased my HD10 in September 2019 and used it extensively for work.  I have over 4000 kms to date on the machine.  I have had an issue with shifting into reverse which was covered under warranty.  Other than that the machine has been running well.

• Like 1

Okay boyz!!! Here we go again!!! It's huntin' season. Starting with spring bear and turkey. So..... DRIVERS...... START YOUR ENGINES.... IT'S GAME TIME!!! Starting April with 1010 miles... READY GO!!!

• Member ID:  171
  • Content Count:  55

1120 miles to date on the HD 10 full cab XT, Just removed the tracks, greased suspension, cleaned out drive belt sheaves, changed out drive belt(Just because I was in there), changed oil and installed the wheels back on after a good cleaning.

Ready for the season. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tug Hill said:

1120 miles to date on the HD 10 full cab XT, Just removed the tracks, greased suspension, cleaned out drive belt sheaves, changed out drive belt(Just because I was in there), changed oil and installed the wheels back on after a good cleaning.

Ready for the season. 

Which year? How long have you owned it? Any issues? Love hearing of others in the 1k club... 😉 stretching out the "secret hand shake "

• Member ID:  171
  • Content Count:  55

6 hours ago, A hunt 2 remember said:

Which year? How long have you owned it? Any issues? Love hearing of others in the 1k club... 😉 stretching out the "secret hand shake "

I'll have it a year in May, 2019 HD 10 Cab XT. The only issues were the windshield gasket was deformed and not sealing and Pass. window switch not working.

I can't say a bad word about it at this point, just the best all-round machine I've ever owned!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tug Hill said:

I'll have it a year in May, 2019 HD 10 Cab XT. The only issues were the windshield gasket was deformed and not sealing and Pass. window switch not working.

I can't say a bad word about it at this point, just the best all-round machine I've ever owned!  

Huh.... a faulty passenger window switch??? ME TOO!!! LOL I actually doubled all my gaskets with some rubber window insulation. I got mine late October.... JUST LOVE IT!!!

On 2/16/2020 at 9:50 AM, Andystoy19 said:

I am not sure how you would have "higher speed cruise capability" with stock clutching and 32" tires?  I have 30" on mine and stock clutching and can only reach 58 mph corrected at 6650 RPM, a big loss from stock tires. Mine definitely needs a clutch kit as it is obvious the stock clutching does not allow the engine to get enough RPM throughout the shift range which would improve performance and belt heat. 

I haven't found a clutch kit yet but have been looking at the options and will post in the builds section once I purchase and install it.🤔

The 2020s limited have a lower rpm on the shutout to run quieter. I haven't lost any speed with the 32's. Still 66 mph flat ground, now 70 mph downhill or with wind.

On 2/15/2020 at 12:26 PM, A hunt 2 remember said:

32's? Any rubbing at all? What is your shock preload setting? Did you stay 9" up front and 11" in the rear?  Dot tires? 

I did a 1.5 lift on the shock mount and one additional click up on the shocks. No rubbing now. All tires are the same 10 inches wide and are rotated for even wear.

On 4/4/2020 at 8:28 PM, Toolboy said:

I did a 1.5 lift on the shock mount and one additional click up on the shocks. No rubbing now. All tires are the same 10 inches wide and are rotated for even wear.

The thing is though, you have a 2020 yeah? With the 2020 you have 2" forward A arms stock on your ride allowing the turning radius. With my 2019 i need to add A arms to gain that room. 

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  126

2019 Camo XTCab HD10...

145 of my own miles + 440 from the shop (I bought the demo model) = nearly 600 miles and ZERO problems.  

I could nitpick a few things (door out of alignment, broken winch line), but mechanically and operationally it’s been perfect.  -Mark