Highest mileage Defender...

pmbaseball24

• Member ID:  372
  • Content Count:  2

I have a 2019 HD10.  I have just rolled over 4000 km.  I have had an issue with reverse gear not engaging.  Warranty fix.

• Member ID:  330
  • Content Count:  123

20 hours ago, fyoung said:

I have a 2019 HD10.  I have just rolled over 4000 km.  I have had an issue with reverse gear not engaging.  Warranty fix.

I had a very similar issue with mine.  Wouldn't go into reverse.  Didn't make a grinding sound or anything.  That happened at about 5 miles.  The dealer took it apart and said they couldn't find anything wrong, put it back together and have had zero issues since.

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  1,154
  • Content Count:  15

We just bought a defender max xt hd10. Blue in color. 

I’ve already put about 80 miles on it. Last night while driving it the engine light came on and went into limp home mode. I turned the key off and on three times. Then the limp mode went off followed by the engine light. 

overall we love the machine. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Or maybe it’s nothing just kinda has me concerned?  

thanks 

• Member ID:  1,159
  • Content Count:  1

I have a 2017 hd8, bought new and have 9900 miles on it. Only trouble was the neutral start switch, but it was covered by warranty.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1,160

On 3/27/2020 at 12:34 PM, fyoung said:

I purchased my HD10 in September 2019 and used it extensively for work.  I have over 4000 kms to date on the machine.  I have had an issue with shifting into reverse which was covered under warranty.  Other than that the machine has been running well.

How’d they treat regarding Warranty?  In Colima Mexico I can not get the dealership to return my calls.  2019 HD8 200 hrs.   BRP not much help either.   

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  126

It’s a decent machine, but I’m pretty turned-off with Can Am / BRP service too.  At least get on the phone and fight with me like Polaris did!  That, and we lost our dealership in nearby Colorado Springs - yes, the second-largest city in the state that they say will be larger than Denver one day… no dealership.  They apparently got in a fight with the new owners and pulled out.  I’m sticking with my machine for now. As you all know by now I use mine exclusively for snow plowing and moving wood in the summertime. I can live with a faulty window switch or squeaky/rattly suspension, but at the first sign of drivetrain or electronic issues I am going to own a new Northstar, plain and simple.  I have the cash, and serviceability and reliability are simply not things I can screw around with. Too much at stake up here in the woods.  -Mark

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  1,781

We bought our Can Am defender in April 2021 and as of today we have over 14000 miles on it.

• Like 2

• Member ID:  1,212
  • Content Count:  13

i bought a HD 8 in October of 2020 its XT model just turned 6000 miles still has orginal belt i have 28x14x10s on it no problems yet had 2 texron stampedes this out performs those better gas milage by at least 4 mpg and rides better

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  717
  • Content Count:  10

i Have a 2019 defender xmr...coming up 16000k. its been robust!  

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Content Count:  146

1600 miles on mine since december 22nd last year when i picked mine up.  only issue ive had was an improperly gapped spark plug that caused issues with running.  after i gapped and changed the plugs it was good as new.  too bad my dealer couldnt figure it out in 2 trips over there... either way, it got a new fuel filter while i was messing around as well after i forgot to put the gas cap on and drove it on some gravel roads for 20 miles or so.

it does all i ask of it, its been driving through the 18" of snow the last couple weeks to clear snowmobile trails for our club.  the max is nice for loading people in it as well.

steve

• Member ID:  1,863

hello all,,new to the forum..i just purchased a used 2019 max hd10 lonestar edition,,has over 9k miles,,1100 hrs..absolutely 0 issues..but it has been serviced at the dealer since new..

• Member ID:  1,154
  • Content Count:  15

2021 max hd 10 1150 miles on it. We are loving the machine. We use it every day on the farm. Amazing how much better these vehicles are vs atvs. 

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  717
  • Content Count:  10

2019 Defender XMR HD10

928 hrs  19,466 kms

4 new wheel bearings

2- rear half shafts

exhaust and intake valves adjusted at 17k

new secondary clutch rollers

new belt

new primary clutch bearing

Changed front diff oil 9500 kms, rear transmission oil 9500kms  lucas synthetic gear oil

New Rear and front brake pads 11000k.

Never been back to dealer. Run on shell rotella 0w40 synthetec oil and Kimpex oil filters. Wix air filters its whole life.

running 32" carnivores.  Used regular gas and econo mode most of its life. 

• Member ID:  2,026
  • Content Count:  45

in 9 months I have 600 hrs/6000 miles on mine I hope to make it to 7500 hrs