Hurry up and wait...

DewMan

I've put down a deposit on a 2022 Defender Pro XT (black) so my soon to be local dealer will order me one. I'm being told 1-3 months for delivery. Not sure how accurate that will be.🙄 I'm gonna guess any discounted pricing on them is just wishful thinking? I'm told the MSRP will be going up again soon taking the place of the "surcharge" currently being advertised. They need to call this "surcharge" what it really is, "extra profit due to short supply". 😠

In a week I'm moving from this congested Florida metro area to a rural 80 acres in Central Ohio. The Pro will get lots of use while making the rounds while maintaining the property.

After looking at all the brands, the 6ft bed and the pass through storage unique to the Pro, along with the reputation of the defender, made the decision a no brainer in my mind. I don't think I'll ever think "This is too much bed space." As nice as the Pro Limited is, I just can't justify the cost difference between the two models.😁 The price of OEM options are stupid expensive. Luckily the aftermarket options are plentiful. 👍

For the price of this thing it should come with at least a fold down wind screen. The net doors and nanny seatbelt  speed limiter will be the first things I'll "fix" on it. This will be followed shortly thereafter by some mirrors. The rest I'll wait and see what it needs as I put it to work. I'm guessing upgraded/add-on lighting will be needed at some point.

Should I order the aftermarket "world's greatest Belt", along with the clutch tool  immediately or are blown belts primarily the issue of people who are riding hard? Anything else I need to get to take home with my new Pro when it arrives? Are Oil filters a readily available part or should I stock a couple incase they're hard to find?

I look forward to joining the rest of the Defender faithful soon.

If you're still reading, Thank you for your time and attention.

DewMan

Welcome to the forum, parts for the Defender are readily available from the Dealer so depending where you locate they shouldn't be a problem. As far as pricing it is what it is and I am waiting on a new pickup truck and the wait from time of order to delivery is 14-16 weeks.🙂

• Thanks 1