Resetting DPS?

A hunt 2 remember

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Not sure WTH happened... but all the sudden Bear wants to take a HARD RIGHT!!! Thought it was brake related... but when you hit the brakes... He tracks straight... So... after jacking the front end.... pulling the wheels and starting him up.... HARD RIGHT CLYDE!!!! And as soon as you turn off the key and he cycles down.... it loses pressure and turns left a bit.... Problem is the dealer is out until the 26th of July.... So it's time to figure out how to reset the DPS unit... and since getting a real manual from my dealer is like pulling molars from a snake... I'm assuming something happened in the install of the turn signal kit... ITS TIGHT UP THERE WITH A HEATER... But feel the DPS still works... just needs recalibrated/ centered... 

Center wheel.... turn on key while holding the brake, flip the lights on three times... type of thing... hopefully not a buds situation....

• Member ID:  466
  • Content Count:  4

There’s something in the owners manual about not grounding the winch around the power steering unit  Maybe check your turn signal ground and see if it’s causing some interference of some kind with the steering unit. 

1 hour ago, Superchicken said:

There’s something in the owners manual about not grounding the winch around the power steering unit  Maybe check your turn signal ground and see if it’s causing some interference of some kind with the steering unit. 

Definitely hoping it's something like that... while my grounds are nowhere close too the OEM studs... ALTHOUGH!!! That does bring up a VALID point.... I may have a loose ground somewhere WREAKING HAVOC!!! Shouldn't be too hard to find though..  while I have added quite a bit... it has only been in the past few days of noticing it. So it definitely happened during the turn signal install.... I know they say bad things happen in 3's, BUT THREE FREAKIN' MONTHS???? COME ON ALREADY!!!! Now?? www.powersport-diag.com  for a BUDS 2 unit to hopefully reset the DPS unit. 

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Well start pulling fuses and recheck the wiring. With all your add ons it could be a number of things. I’d start with the blinkers first as that’s your newest mod but don’t rule out all the others just cause they worked b4. These electrical issues are why I always solder every connection and heat wrap plus electrical grease the heck out of everything harness I can reach. 
id also dbl check my work at those new axles you put in. Could have just taken a few rides to loosen or come loose. Sure seems like it’s going to be electrical with it going hard right as you say I guessing that means all the way. Did it go hard right fast as if you were cranking the wheel for donuts?  or was it a slower hard right like your trying not to tear up the grass well turning?

7 minutes ago, Hkb82 said:

Well start pulling fuses and recheck the wiring. With all your add ons it could be a number of things. I’d start with the blinkers first as that’s your newest mod but don’t rule out all the others just cause they worked b4. These electrical issues are why I always solder every connection and heat wrap plus electrical grease the heck out of everything harness I can reach. 
id also dbl check my work at those new axles you put in. Could have just taken a few rides to loosen or come loose. Sure seems like it’s going to be electrical with it going hard right as you say I guessing that means all the way. Did it go hard right fast as if you were cranking the wheel for donuts?  or was it a slower hard right like your trying not to tear up the grass well turning?

Well, it's like i just won Talladega for my first Nascar win!! In the "TRUCK" series.... 

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Lol that’s a great explanation got a chuckle from this Canadian boy. 🇨🇦

All wiring looks SPOT ON!! Did some testing with a multimeter and no grounding out anywhere that I can see.  At this point I'm sure it's like my simulator force feedback motor needing recalibrated. Hoping it's not the motor itself. 

• Member ID:  405
  • Content Count:  45

Following this thread for the outcome. I hope that it's an easy fix.

48 minutes ago, plumber802 said:

Following this thread for the outcome. I hope that it's an easy fix.

Not sure about easy.... but the BUDS/BUDS2 unit alone was 700.00 then the Service manual @ 180.00 it hasn't been cheap... DOH!!! BUDS unit hopefully shows up next Monday we'll see due to the holiday and after hooking it up it is only an adjustment back to center and NOT a steering motor... FINGERS CROSSED!!

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

The service manual is a 2016, there is a supplement that takes you up to 2019 that is about 1/5 the size of the manual for a small additional charge.😉

33 minutes ago, Andystoy19 said:

The service manual is a 2016, there is a supplement that takes you up to 2019 that is about 1/5 the size of the manual for a small additional charge.😉

I'm hoping what they have coming is the complete index.. it actually looked like three sections.... but I may be wrong... does it have a decent section on resetting the DPS?

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

• Yes the manual is indexed with each major component and it usually has a troubleshooting section as well as how to reset any component that requires Buds to reset. The supplement is set up the same and includes all the new updates and additions from year to year. ☺️