LED Headlights

• Member ID:  20
  • Content Count:  100

If anyone is considering replacing your stock halogen headlight bulb with LED I got notice the place where I got mine are having a 15% off sale through Tuesday(enter the code thats on the website).  I changed mine mainly because the led's draw half the current and put out more than double the lumens.  The other thing is when I'm running my led lightbar the white light was different than the yellowish halogen lights and now that I changed them they are all the same color and I was able to adjust the lightbar to aim a little farther down road and use the headlights for closer lighting which created a larger field of view at night. 

I also got my predator lights there and I put 3 of them on my front bumper.  I only use those going in and out of my hunting area before or after daylight, but I really like them.  

LED Headlights

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-headlight-bulbs-conversion-kits/h8-led-fanless-headlight-conversion-kit-with-compact-heat-sink-4000-lumensset/3933/8569/

Predator Lights

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/specialty-high-power-led-spot-lights/25-square-12-watt-led-mini-auxiliary-hunting-and-camping-light-30-degree-red/3462/4566/

Attached are some photos to show the lights.  One is the original halogens and then the new led's and then the predator lights

High Beam halogen Camera2.jpg

High Beam LED Camera 2.jpg

redledatnight.jpg

• Like 3

• Member ID:  8
  • Content Count:  26

Looks awesome.  I have been thinking about changing my OEM lights on my Defender XMR.  I have 4 Can Am LED bars that I use and therefore never run the OEM headlights because of the yellow light they cast.  Also when the LED bars are on, the headlights don't make a bit of a difference...just waste battery power.  But if I could change the headlight for what your running I would use them.  I like the bright white light and like you said, they use less power which is always a bonus when running lots of accessories.  Are they easy to install?  Is this correct part number : H8-HLV4 ?  

That's the correct part number.  They are very easy to install.  I think you just turn bulb from the back a 1/4 turn or so and pull out, unplug wiring harness, plug new one in to harness and insert and turn new bulb 1/4 turn or so.  Be careful when inserting and turning new bulb as the dog ears are plastic.  I had to put my hand in back to turn while looking through the lens from the front to see that everything was lining up.  Then just zip tie wires up out of the way in the back.  You might test them before zip tying wires because the plug may be polarity sensitive and it's a 50/50 chance you get it right.  Also I didn't find that the orientation of the bulb affected the pattern or cutoff line at all so don't need to mess with any of those adjustments. Keep your old bulbs so when when you trade in for a new utv you can swap them.  They come with a lifetime warranty might as well use them a while.

I'm not seeing the sale info on their website anymore.  The email I got says it ends 2/19 at 11:59pm CST so it should still be on.  The code is PRESDAY19 to enter for the 15% off.

• Member ID:  18
  • Content Count:  18

The sealight x1 h11 bulb on Amazon work great ...I recommend swapping your bulbs gasket to them but had mine under water and no water in headlight and still work great and were only $30 a set I think free shipping with Amazon prime too

• Member ID:  64
  • Content Count:  88

Just finished installing my led lights definitely made a huge difference. Very happy with them. 

E3B8483B-8ECC-4458-9AA4-E54BE1837E76.jpeg

0E2EDBCA-D703-4E08-B4E8-2B53546B18BE.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My 2019 Defender XMR is running 4 - 35watt H8 bulbs.  Did you guys replace both low and high beam bulbs with the same LED (H8-HLV4)? 

Yes I replaced all 4 bulbs.  Two bulbs come in each package so get two packages if you want to do all 4.  The bulbs are all the same low or high beam so the H8-HLV4 is the right one for either.

Ok...thanks for the info.  I think I will give them a try as long as I can get them here in Canada...lol.  

I replaced the low and high beams with H11 and I'm very happy with the them.

• Member ID:  67
  • Content Count:  35

9 hours ago, Rudy said:

I replaced the low and high beams with H11 and I'm very happy with the them.

Would you mind passing along which H11 bulbs you used?  There are so many on amazon it would be good to know I'm ordering ones that def fit.  Thanks !

4 minutes ago, Joe_C said:

Would you mind passing along which H11 bulbs you used?  There are so many on amazon it would be good to know I'm ordering ones that def fit.  Thanks !

Joe, I installed these:HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077BT6M6Z?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Theyre plug and play. 

• Member ID:  67
  • Content Count:  35

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Joe, I installed these:HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077BT6M6Z?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Theyre plug and play. 

thanks Rudy!

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up buying the Auxito LEDs, I wanted a fanless LED and these were 9000 lumens a pair and just over 20 watts per LED.  I just couldn't get the H8-HLV4 LEDs here in Canada without paying a crazy price for the shipping.  That superbrightleds web site wanted $58 to ship...lol.  That is basically the same price as the item itself!  So I ended up ordering these...

https://www.amazon.ca/AUXITO-9005-Headlight-Conversion-Fanless-Warranty/dp/B07KSZVH3N?th=1

Shipping was free on amazon.

Here is a daytime pic of the rig with one side changed.  Just look at how white the LEDs are in comparison to the OEM bulbs.  This is the main reason why I wanted to upgrade to the LEDs and consuming less power is just icing on the cake.

DefenderLights1.thumb.jpg.c7cbecd866110c38211b3668c9b3cda7.jpg

DefenderLights2.thumb.jpg.4986f7fd8e6c5e9646e2972f86b96f35.jpg

• Like 2

They Looks Awesome.  Too bad about the Canada shipping.  Superbright has good stuff but sometimes it doesn't warrant the extra money.  You got enough lightbars that if a headlight bulb goes out you should be able to see fine.  Good thought on the fan, I also think with all the mud that gets thrown up under the fender that a fan cooled light could fail.