LED Headlights

• Member ID:  8
  • Content Count:  26

Thanks.  Yes I agree that superbrightled has some nice stuff but when there is no company presents here in Canada, then the price gets out of hand with shipping and duty charges.  I just wish our two countries would get rid of duty charges...lol.  I still order stuff from the US when I can’t get it here...like GBoost BadAss belts but the price is higher.  

• 3 months later...

• Member ID:  184
  • Content Count:  1

How do you adjust the headlight aim on a 2019 can am defender?

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

I have good news and bad news;

You adjust the headlight from the back of the headlight (wheel well) by turning the grey plastic screws, one will be for vertical and the other for side to side. Park the vehicle on a level surface 17' from a garage door or wall and scribe a line at the same height as the center of your light on this surface. Use a piece of tape if you like. Adjust the light beam center to 5" below the mark. Both headlights should be adjusted the same. This height will change a bit if you load the vehicle heavily so some experimentation may be necessary.

Bad news may be that LED bulbs are not the same (as the original bulb)  in how they fit the reflector inside the headlight and how the light is produced on the LED, distance and number of LED's on one side or both. The result is you may not be able to adjust the light as described because of scatter so it may come down  to experimentation and preference. On the other hand you have so many lights on the machine the you may not need your headlights except when meeting someone. :classic_smile:FYI

• Member ID:  161
  • Content Count:  42

Just a heads up I have these and they are much better than the standard halogen so far they

are working out just fine.  Less than $100 Canadian for the two sets on Amazon.

TB

A8E7055D-900A-40FE-A345-2D7B05E79A5F.png

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  239
  • Content Count:  9

What’s the difference between h8 and h11??

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  67
  • Content Count:  35

On 7/19/2019 at 6:26 AM, TrueBlue said:

Just a heads up I have these and they are much better than the standard halogen so far they

are working out just fine.  Less than $100 Canadian for the two sets on Amazon.

TB

A8E7055D-900A-40FE-A345-2D7B05E79A5F.png

I ended up buying these as well. Super bright and $60 total. Well worth it and an awesome upgrade. The stock bulbs suck, can am should def upgrade them 

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  857
  • Content Count:  6

I bought LED bulbs on Amazon as well.  They are insanely bright, which is good.  Bad news is, as previously mentioned, adjusting the headlight aim will have no impact on the blinding lights for oncoming vehicles.  We took our 2021 for a drive last night, and every car that passed us was flashing their high beams.  I adjusted the housings, but no difference.  I may try to change the bulb orientation (right now the LED chips face 3 & 9 o’clock, per manufacturer’s instructions) to see if that makes a difference.

• 10 months later...

• Member ID:  759
  • Content Count:  107

I found them to be a bit sloppy in the housing.. either the silicone is very soft, or the fit is not as firm.  Either way, I will leave them in, but didn't do the high beams, until I see if they keep the water out.   I have a light bar as well, and its more lighting than all the headlights put together,  so not the end of the world if I have to go back to halogen... 

• 3 months later...

• Member ID:  1,490
  • Content Count:  10

Dealer turned me onto these so I replaced all 4 bulbs. Made a huge difference and these don't have mechanical fans. 

https://www.cyronmotor.com/p-409-headlight-bulb-led-standard-fit-1500-lumens-abh9d-h8h9h11.aspx

Edited by DWebb68
reworded...