Is this a bad time to purchase a new Defender?

Tnjetjock

• Member ID:  757
  • Content Count:  1

I have been considering the purchase of a new Defender for two months now but was told by someone in "the know" that it might not be a good time.  Of course this does make sense to me considering inventories are extremely low and the wait times for a new Defender are approaching two months, if it is a unit that the dealer doesn't already have.  Rebates and incentives are long gone and dealers don't have to come off the price much or at all to move their units. Compounding this is the fact that the used market is non-existent.  What are your opinions?  

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

The Defender line up usually has incentives in early Spring to get the sales started, however, if you have use for it through the winter, now is as good a time as any if you can find what you want.😉

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

Welcome to the forum!  This might be more of a regional/inventory issue. Is there a specific reason why it wouldn't be a good time?

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  405
  • Content Count:  45

On 11/16/2020 at 8:07 AM, Tnjetjock said:

I have been considering the purchase of a new Defender for two months now but was told by someone in "the know" that it might not be a good time.  Of course this does make sense to me considering inventories are extremely low and the wait times for a new Defender are approaching two months, if it is a unit that the dealer doesn't already have.  Rebates and incentives are long gone and dealers don't have to come off the price much or at all to move their units. Compounding this is the fact that the used market is non-existent.  What are your opinions?  

I totally agree with your statement. My local dealership has no Defenders in stock and is unsure of the availability.

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Well, I talked with the owner of one of our local dealers...  and it's TRUE!!! Due to the plandemic, inventories on all CanAm products will be in SHORT SUPPLY... Right now due to customs and holds at the border... And I'm sure pre/back ordered rigs will take a good chunk of the rest of the resources... So finding a Defender during a "walk in" at your local dealer may only be to see someone elses rig getting ready to go.... Maybe by 22 they will have some of the issues they've had with AC/heater units... as well as visco lok and front end issues... goid luck in your search.

Joe

Welcome to the forum!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  323
  • Content Count:  50

Buy one if you can locate one.  If you are holding out for better pricing you may be disappointed.  Manufacturers don't need to offer incentives on models that they are selling out of.