2020 Defender hd8 exhaust fumes

Chuck A

• Member ID:  463
  • Content Count:  1

I have a 2020 defender hd8 and have the tilt windshield in the front i am getting exhaust fumes in the cab and getting sick so much its not fun anymore. I extended the tailpipe to the end njmm of the dumpbed and that made it worst. Has anyone else had this problem i have less then 30 miles on this thing and ready to take it back...thanks for any responses 

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

If you're getting exhaust fumes into the cab when driving my guess is you have an exhaust leak at the front of the engine. The forward head  on the engine is only a couple of inches from the back of the cab. There's a inspection panel in the lower rear part of the cab that is held in with push pins and is not air tight, it can be removed to work on the engine. 

Time for a trip to the dealer, it's a warranty item that Can am should repair asap.

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Agree with less then 30 miles on it I’d be calling for an appointment at the dealer. I’ve had zero issues with this or herd of it being a problem with defenders. 

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

I've never had exhaust issues... But during my first few runs in Bear all the new paint burning off parts got pretty STINKY!! Not saying that is the issue... but it may be those new parts burning off excess paint. Good luck with that... And WELCOME TO THE FORUM. But let me ask you this.... WHY IS YOUR HOOD UP?

Edited by A hunt 2 remember

• 3 months later...

• Member ID:  639
  • Content Count:  2

On 5/31/2020 at 10:26 AM, Chuck A said:

I have a 2020 defender hd8 and have the tilt windshield in the front i am getting exhaust fumes in the cab and getting sick so much its not fun anymore. I extended the tailpipe to the end njmm of the dumpbed and that made it worst. Has anyone else had this problem i have less then 30 miles on this thing and ready to take it back...thanks for any responses 

Did you add a rear windshield?  Mine i found the wind swirls back in behind my front and causes "negative air" which draws exhaust back in

• Member ID:  593
  • Content Count:  32

I have 13 miles on my 2020 and have the same problem. If I dont tilt the front windshield out the cab fills with exhaust.