Street tires

• Member ID:  1,030
  • Content Count:  47

Thought about trying a set of these out. Anybody have any input on these or know of something better?

64873A7A-07E4-4A64-A593-C40872E4218F.png

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Check the weight of the tire vs stock heavier rotating weight equals lower top speed, more time in low range and clutch work but they look cool. Check out the builds section🙂.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1,543
  • Content Count:  17

I have KM3's on 2 vehicles (Raptor & CJ) and really like them, I would have put them on the defender but due to availability at the time I went with 30x10x14 maxxis liberty's, personally I prefer the 30" size, I haven't experienced any affects to performance, top speed, no low gear warnings coming up in the display, etc. Certainly Newtons second law of motion applies here but you're just not adding any considerable weight or rolling resistance, especially if your staying with the 27x11x14's

• Member ID:  1,545
  • Content Count:  18

I have 30x10x14 Tusk Terrabite all around.  I should say i 'ordered' 30x10x14 and they are marked 30x10x14, but they run small- actual height is 28 1/4" -28 3/8".  I see nor feel no difference vs. stock in performance, but have yet to GPS top speed.  They have a good all around tread and run down hard surfaces much better than stock.  I would have preferred a true 30" tire, I guess if that was a Tusk, I should have ordered the 32"

• Like 2

On 4/20/2022 at 8:51 AM, DJLA said:

I have KM3's on 2 vehicles (Raptor & CJ) and really like them, I would have put them on the defender but due to availability at the time I went with 30x10x14 maxxis liberty's, personally I prefer the 30" size, I haven't experienced any affects to performance, top speed, no low gear warnings coming up in the display, etc. Certainly Newtons second law of motion applies here but you're just not adding any considerable weight or rolling resistance, especially if your staying with the 27x11x14's

so if i went with the 30's would i have to lift it so they wouldn't rub?

4 minutes ago, Hammes357 said:

so if i went with the 30's would i have to lift it so they wouldn't rub?

No, I have 30’s with no lift and there’s plenty of clearance

2 minutes ago, DJLA said:

No, I have 30’s with no lift and there’s plenty of clearance

i should have mentioned i have fender flares also.Do you know if that will effect the 30's?

I’m not 100% sure, I don’t have fender flares on mine and any of the defenders I’ve installed fender flares on have had stock tires. 
If the fender flare doesn’t extend past the stock wheel well then I would guess they shouldn’t interfere with the tires, but I don’t want to give any miss information without actually having done it. 

7 minutes ago, DJLA said:

I’m not 100% sure, I don’t have fender flares on mine and any of the defenders I’ve installed fender flares on have had stock tires. 
If the fender flare doesn’t extend past the stock wheel well then I would guess they shouldn’t interfere with the tires, but I don’t want to give any miss information without actually having done it. 

well i guess dennis kirk dosn't offer these in a 30 so i guess ill stick with the 27's

13 minutes ago, Hammes357 said:

well i guess dennis kirk dosn't offer these in a 30 so i guess ill stick with the 27's

Are you sure,

https://www.denniskirk.com/bfgoodrich/14-front-rear-mud-terrain-t-a-km3-radial-tire.p654511.prd/654512.sku

6 minutes ago, DJLA said:

Lol! I’m not that computer savvy to say the least. Are they just saying they won’t fit because there not the standard stock size?

B7032665-3EB5-48F6-A0E9-6B236538713F.jpeg

• Like 1

dam it! nothing like looking at a side way picture!

1 hour ago, Hammes357 said:

Lol! I’m not that computer savvy to say the least. Are they just saying they won’t fit because there not the standard stock size?

B7032665-3EB5-48F6-A0E9-6B236538713F.jpeg

Probably that and/or they may not fit the stock wheels, the stock wheels are different width front and back, I mounted my 30’s on raceline wheels

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

They should fit the rim no problem, I have the full fender flares and no problem, the odd time when you are turning sharply and are crossing deep ruts you may hear a very short rub but no sign or damage. Details are in this thread if you want to check it out.2019 DEFENDER XT HD 10 CAB LIFT AND 30" TIRES 🙂

3 hours ago, Andystoy19 said:

They should fit the rim no problem, I have the full fender flares and no problem, the odd time when you are turning sharply and are crossing deep ruts you may hear a very short rub but no sign or damage. Details are in this thread if you want to check it out.2019 DEFENDER XT HD 10 CAB LIFT AND 30" TIRES 🙂

are you talking about the stock rims that came on it that should work or like what djla was talking about with buying different rims so the same tire would fit front and back? because like he said above I'd have to buy 2 different set of tires for the stock rims. I couldn't open that link so that's why I'm  asking so many questions before i pull the trigger on buying tires.