Purchasing my 2021 Defender

Jeff Jones

• Member ID:  991
  • Content Count:  21

I ordered my 2021 Defender XT HD8 almost 11 weeks ago and was told it could be another 4 weeks. I live in MN, anyone else having this problem?

• Member ID:  265

I think I got super lucky here in Utah.  Our local dealer didn't have a Defender Limited in stock, so I called another dealer I have bought from for decades, that is 130 miles away.  Their web page said they had one in inventory, but the salesman I always work with checked, and it had sold earlier that same day.  The buyer had just picked it up an hour before I called.  The salesman then said "but, I have one coming in, that should be here by the end of the month".  It was the 28th.  We agreed on a price and I said I would take it.  The machine didn't make it by the end of the month, but within one week of when I said I would take it, he called me and told me it was there.  I picked it up the next day.

There is absolutely nothing in stock anywhere near here😞 will be nice when things get back to normal or as close to normal as possible. I’m so ready to go for a nice long ride!!

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Be lucky if you could by a moped around me this year. Most the shops showrooms are empty. Pretty crazy 

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  972
  • Content Count:  31

On 6/5/2021 at 7:38 AM, Jeff Jones said:

There is absolutely nothing in stock anywhere near here😞 will be nice when things get back to normal or as close to normal as possible. I’m so ready to go for a nice long ride!!

What machine did you get?

On 6/4/2021 at 10:32 PM, DirtRider said:

I think I got super lucky here in Utah.  Our local dealer didn't have a Defender Limited in stock, so I called another dealer I have bought from for decades, that is 130 miles away.  Their web page said they had one in inventory, but the salesman I always work with checked, and it had sold earlier that same day.  The buyer had just picked it up an hour before I called.  The salesman then said "but, I have one coming in, that should be here by the end of the month".  It was the 28th.  We agreed on a price and I said I would take it.  The machine didn't make it by the end of the month, but within one week of when I said I would take it, he called me and told me it was there.  I picked it up the next day.

I purchased a Defender Max Limited back in February. It was supposed to be here at the end of March. Finally received a ship date of May 10th. Now we are in June, still no machine. Apparently it arrived last week and they need two weeks to assemble it but they won’t assemble it until your financing goes through. They didn’t tell me that in the beginning or I would have had it all done already. If you can’t tell I’m irritated. 

Did they offer you an extended warranty?

• Member ID:  265

I have bought machines from this dealership all the way back to 1997, and have never purchased an extended warranty from them.  They don't even ask anymore.

Have fun with your Defender when you finally get it home.

For the money we spend on these machines they should be catering to the customer, like it used to be!!! 2 weeks to assemble? Are you fricken kidding me? You should be able to assemble from the ground up plus build the crate and forge the nails in two weeks.

I agree. Customer service died after the plandemic. They know they have it sold and if you don’t buy it they will just move to the next twenty people in line. Sad. 

Very sad. 

• Member ID:  1,086
  • Content Count:  7

I bought a 2021 defender max xt hd8 here in southern Missouri in March, took about 2 months to get in, had to get it from dealer 90 miles away bc Springfield was sold out and waitlisted. Bought my wife one too at the same time and we won’t get that one until August they said. Inventory completely wiped out in our area. 

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  1,156
  • Content Count:  11

Ordered my Defender 6x6 on 5 Feb '21 with an expected delivery date of early April.  Picked it up on 2 July '21. Just got to be patient despite the frustration.