Oil brands 2019 hd10

Sk1970

• Member ID:  152
  • Content Count:  6

Are most people using can am oil for the front diff and rear gear box? Will full synthetic valvoline oil the same weight be ok? Thanks

• Member ID:  1,018
  • Content Count:  25

As many different answers as their are owners....but for me, I use the OE oils and filters.  Small price to pay to keep supporting local dealer.  They designed it and back it for warranty.  

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

2 hours ago, Smittydog27 said:

As many different answers as their are owners....but for me, I use the OE oils and filters.  Small price to pay to keep supporting local dealer.  They designed it and back it for warranty.  

Hmmm..... I guess if my local dealer supported me,  and warranty was an actual thing with BRP/CanAm..... I would think about supporting them with more than my original purchase... But as it is??? I don't support my local dealer??? More of a pusher really. They all want to be your buddy, until your ADDICTED!!! Then yer just another buck....

Oil is oil/ brake fluid is brake fluid.... Not gonna spend 50% more for something I can get automotive fluids for... that do the same thing... 

But thats me...

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

As you can see from the responses you will have to make your own decision. I have had a very good relationship with Skidoo and Canam since 1996 (same dealership different staff over time) and continue to support them as much as I can.🙂

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

I like to stick to the oem oils and lubes but more So I can’t hear I wasn’t running the proper oils if I have an issue. Once your warranty is up I guess it’s your call really. If you doing proper fluid changes with proper weight oils I’m sure you’ll never see a difference in performance or wear on a side by side.