Keep replacing fuel pumps. 3 pumps in last 3 yrs.

b92082

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

The picture is from the service manual: 2016 Defender series 2016 (219 100 834) and I bought the supplement Defender series 2018 (219 100 901). I bought these for my 2019 Defender XT cab HD10 from the dealer he ordered them for me. 

They may have discontinued the printed ones so you might see if you can find the BRP link on line in the  owners section, I believe they are still available but in digital form only, Perhaps someone can provide you the link if they have it?🙂

• Member ID:  1,296
  • Content Count:  5

6 hours ago, Andystoy19 said:

The picture is from the service manual: 2016 Defender series 2016 (219 100 834) and I bought the supplement Defender series 2018 (219 100 901). I bought these for my 2019 Defender XT cab HD10 from the dealer he ordered them for me. 

They may have discontinued the printed ones so you might see if you can find the BRP link on line in the  owners section, I believe they are still available but in digital form only, Perhaps someone can provide you the link if they have it?🙂

Thanks. I need one for a 21 Limited.

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  1,045
  • Content Count:  2

I've got a 2018 Can Am Defender HD10 XTP.  Within a short time, 1st year, it would only start sometimes, or not at all.  I can hear the fuel pump turn on, when the key turned on, but it's not pushing fuel to the engine.  I've limped along with this for 5 years.  Sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't.  These have a Rotax engine which is used in some ultralight planes, which I thought would make a reliable engine in this UTV.  However, Can Am has ruined the reliability, with a sub standard fuel pump design.  The fuel pump, seals to the tube on the pump unit by a single O-ring, and the two surfaces are not well mated for a single O-ring.  Last time I got it to work for about two years by using two O-rings.  Yesterday, tried the same fix, cause it's not starting and it's just not sealing up.  I know the pump is pumping, but just not pushing fuel to the motor.  If they had sealed the pump with a hose clamp, problem would have gone away, no O-ring issue.  This is the biggest piece of crap machine I've ever bought.  Had a Honda Pilot (FL400) for 15 years and other than replacing fuel hoses, it was trouble free.  Plus, sold it for 2500 more than I paid for it 15yrs earlier...  If I were rich, I'd set this HD10 on fire, yes, over a 75 cent O-ring, cause it has zero reliability.  The O-ring is the key, just need the perfect one, since size matters.  I feel like a pit crew, since I've had the sender out so many times.  If anyone has used a particular size, multiple times with success, I'm all ears.  I bought two assortments having hundreds of O-rings, but of course there are only 2 or so that are close.  I'd spend hundreds, if someone had a new fuel pump/sending unit that did not have O-rings.  Any perfect fix O-rings sources would be greatly appreciated.

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

You might want to check the fuel pressure? O rings won't fix a bad fuel pump.🤔