Dealer mark up?

Keukaman

Hi all love this forum.

I recently ordered anew 2021 Can Defender and build it online and when I got to the dealer they had marked up 5-20% all of the options (lights, stereo, etc.) I had built and sent them online.  Is this normal?

Edited by Keukaman

I purchased the accessories at a discount to retail price at the time of purchase of the machine but I did all the installs myself. 

If the dealer is doing the installs than you can try and negotiate the price down a bit but good luck with that.😉

• 5 months later...

When I bought mine was told I’d get 15% off any accessories so I added a few things windows etc when I saw the bill accessories price was reg msrp price. I asked about it actually surprising myself for catching it. I was told the 15% covers install. Sounded kinda shady plus I never asked for install. I said I was ok with doing the install myself being the non glass windows install is about 3 min. The other was the 25 dollar winch remote. Thanks boys but I think I can plug that one in myself. Somthing else but I can’t remember now.  After a bit of pissing and moaning from them lol I got the 15% when I bought the defender. I’ve since called to get a prices even after mentioning I bought my defender from them but they still give me regular price. I just don’t bother saying anything anymore and I won’t stay loyal to their dealership. Can am is can am till I find a dealer that cares. Had I have bought them when I got the defender I would have got the 15%. So live and learn boys. Buy once cry once