Dealer mark up?

Keukaman

• Member ID:  746
  • Content Count:  2

Hi all love this forum.

I recently ordered anew 2021 Can Defender and build it online and when I got to the dealer they had marked up 5-20% all of the options (lights, stereo, etc.) I had built and sent them online.  Is this normal?

Edited by Keukaman

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

No the items online are already at retail and because of supply and demand I can see them selling for full retail but not above?🤔

I should add that most dealers don't charge for installation of small items, but if you were going to have the lights, stereo etc. installed they may be trying to cover some of the labor? What was their explanation?😉

• Member ID:  746
  • Content Count:  2

The Dealer is charging to install the items as well...stereo, A arm protectors, rock sliders, etc.

It seems like "double dipping" to me. 

I purchased the accessories at a discount to retail price at the time of purchase of the machine but I did all the installs myself. 

If the dealer is doing the installs than you can try and negotiate the price down a bit but good luck with that.😉

• 5 months later...

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

When I bought mine was told I’d get 15% off any accessories so I added a few things windows etc when I saw the bill accessories price was reg msrp price. I asked about it actually surprising myself for catching it. I was told the 15% covers install. Sounded kinda shady plus I never asked for install. I said I was ok with doing the install myself being the non glass windows install is about 3 min. The other was the 25 dollar winch remote. Thanks boys but I think I can plug that one in myself. Somthing else but I can’t remember now.  After a bit of pissing and moaning from them lol I got the 15% when I bought the defender. I’ve since called to get a prices even after mentioning I bought my defender from them but they still give me regular price. I just don’t bother saying anything anymore and I won’t stay loyal to their dealership. Can am is can am till I find a dealer that cares. Had I have bought them when I got the defender I would have got the 15%. So live and learn boys. Buy once cry once