big bore

thrude1

• Member ID:  701
  • Content Count:  20

looking to get some more power out of my 2017 hd10 i use it for hunting but also alot of mud and trail rides here in Alberta seen guys running big bore kits in mavs and rens thinking this might be the way to go for me does anyone have any experience with this

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

No experience with big bore engine kits in the Defender but I have the Monster EFI reflash and the Dalton Mudder clutch kit described in the builds section. Now waiting on someone other than Gorilla axle (too spendy) to build some aftermarker front axles.🤑

• Like 1

• Member ID:  12
  • Content Count:  65

Another possible option

https://kombustionmotorsports.com/products/turbo-performance-can-am-defender-hd10-turbo-system

• Like 1

mossyoak that might be the way to go about it's about $2k more but comes with everything to do it probably be able to install myself so save some money that way might balance out and 40 extra hp 

andystoy19 I have a clutch kit coming was wondering if the reflash was worth it or not I seen evos says like 5 hp

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Contact Steve at Monster EFI, (check out my thread in the builds section) there is a lot more to the flash in my opinion than horsepower he changes a bunch of things to make the engine more responsive throughout the range. There are a bunch of things you can do such as cams and heads to take the HP up to around 100 without going big bore but I chose to stay conservative.

Be prepared to replace the front axles as the first time I got into a hole in the muskeg I blew both lower cv's on both sides seconds apart trying to assist the winch in bumping the clutch to raise the front end.🤑

I messaged them last night looks like a good first step I installed moheadz forward arms last weekend havnt taken it for a good rip yet but by the look of the CV boot angle I'm probably going to be replacing them anyway