Brand new 2018 defender hd5 problem

AlbinoRhino

• Member ID:  357
  • Content Count:  14

Okay,  brand new machine just came off the boat a few days ago, second ride was today.   Has 2:20 on the engine and about 60 miles.  Throttle stopped responding,  engine shut off, started again stopped responding backfired and check engine light came on and engine died.  Thoughts?

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

My guess is that your ITC (gas pedal sensor) has failed or become disconnected from the system, check to make sure it is still plugged in? If it is than it will require a trip back to the dealer.🤔

Well I hope that isn't the thing since we technically are the dealer but aren't the dealer since the dealer is in Winnipeg and we're in the Arctic and sell them we have a buds computer but I can't find where the defender hopes up since it's not where are our Motorsports division tells me it should be

The plug for the Buds interface should be under the hood on the right top side it has a plastic cap over it?🙂

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

The plug is placed in the firewall from the inside. Plugged into it so it stays dirt free. Pictures below... Hope they help

15956002039864366658542595563941.jpg

15956002528932466557817203537283.jpg

Welcome to the forum, what Island are you on in the great white north?🙂

Good luck with the troubleshooting.

Living in Puvirnituq right now was either being sent here or Pangritung. 

Found the plug under the hood like you guys said thank you since the guy in Motorsports down in Winnipeg kept arguing with me that it was under the glove box. We then had issue after issue with the buds computer but we had one shipped in from another community so I'm about to go hook it up and see what it says

However it was fun when Motorsports argued with me that this was from up here seeing as we're both the tree line by a couple hundred kilometres

20200723_120314.jpg

20200723_120625.jpg

20200723_220124.jpg

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Doesn't look real NEW... 😉

New to you maybe... sounds and looks as if someone already put a buds on it. And cleared the data... Hope it works out for ya

Hi Chad, like I said on your other post check the wiring thoroughly because squirrels tend to chew the plastic off wires for entertainment and you may have some bare wires as well. Open up your air filter and check it, its probably full of pine cones.  Your dealer should have serviced this before shipping but instead just loaded it and shipped it. Did your Defender come in a container or was it fully assembled? If assembled this should have been obvious. 🤔

10 hours ago, Andystoy19 said:

Hi Chad, like I said on your other post check the wiring thoroughly because squirrels tend to chew the plastic off wires for entertainment and you may have some bare wires as well. Open up your air filter and check it, its probably full of pine cones.  Your dealer should have serviced this before shipping but instead just loaded it and shipped it. Did your Defender come in a container or was it fully assembled? If assembled this should have been obvious. 🤔

Came fully assembled,  the hondas that were shipped to us were created, I still have to pull them out of the sea canister and assemble them. 

Fault code T0106, pressure sensor on the cylinder head apparently but did find this.

Still pissed off this was sold to me as brand new,  but since I work for the company I have to play this with kids gloves. 

20200727_200919.jpg

But on the plus side the air filter was fully clean

• Haha 1

You are making progress and thats good unfortunatley this could have been prevented if the folks in Winnipeg had done a proper PDI. I hope your up and running soon because you don't get compensated for loss of use.🙂

So after doing wire traces writing a message with the buds computer on Startup finding lots of loose screws and bolts and ones that were just rolling around the cab area I decided to refund the machine and send it back to head office on the next sealift out. So I'm no longer I Defender owner sadly because I did enjoy the machine when it wasn't dying my company has nothing in stock right now because can an apparently isn't really making much so I bought an ATV for now and next year or the year after on the Summers sealift on my tat going to send up an HD 8 a Maverick Trail or Commander 800 the commander 800 in the Maverick Trail where the two I was actually looking at before I pick up the hd5 and I only picked up the hd5 because I was guaranteed to get it because they had it in stock at the warehouse and the others we had to wait to see if they were able to get any

Based on the wiring damage etc. I think you made the right decision. ☹️