Rear Window...

Herb

• Member ID:  526
  • Content Count:  6

I just installed a rear window from SuperATV.  The window fits great but it says they don't recommend leaving it in while pulling it on an open air trailer.  Anyone had a problem with the window being blowing out while transporting it to and from work sites or weekend trail rides?  Preciate the replies in advance...

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Not trying to sound like an ass. But what would be the difference in driving it around at 60? Will it pop out then? I mean maybe if you didn't have a windshield, but think the windshield would break the wind. Just doesn't make sense

I totally agree, that was why I asked if anyone had any problems.  I have the windshield but just installed the rear and heading out tomorrow for a long weekend of riding.  Didn't want to pick it up off the side of the highway scratched all to he!! and back.

I mean DON'T COME AFTER ME..... If it does pop out... 😢 But the couple times I did haul him "Bear" on an open trailer (WELL OVER 60) I never had an issue but I have an OEM full cab. But don't see an issue with a windshield in front of it... IMO...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

Edited by A hunt 2 remember
Missed don't

LOL....not gonna come at ya my friend!  Looking forward to enjoying a good weekend.  Be safe

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

My next door neighbor has a P Max with factory front windshield that blew out on a trailer at highway speeds so it can and does happen. It could be because of the added turbulence coming off the tow vehicle?🙂

4 hours ago, Andystoy19 said:

My next door neighbor has a P Max with factory front windshield that blew out on a trailer at highway speeds so it can and does happen. It could be because of the added turbulence coming off the tow vehicle?🙂

Yikes!!! Hence the reason I enclose trailer Bear. I guess I've been lucky. I just don't like all my gear exposed to the public while in transport. I've been hit stopping off to eat. Besides that, I don't lose things I forgot to tie down... 😉

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

There was a question a few years ago, whether the Defender should be loaded forwards or backwards to reduce the chance of damage when being towed. I have loaded my Defender XT Cab both forwards and backwards and didn't see any difference so I now load it facing forward and use my home made windshield protector when I remember where I put it last? I sold my toy hauler about 5 years ago so the open trailer is the only option. I haul my sleds on a deck on the truck but didn't like the look of a Defender sitting on the back of a crewcab.😉

I hear that... heck, tall enough just on a trailer... let alone over the bed...

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Last year my back window came out on me going around 80km down the road. Was taking my boys to hockey and we took the front windshield out as it was hot as hell. I thought about the back coming out but not hard enough to remove it. I got lucky and it actually landed on the hockey bags in the back box. Pulled over secured it and kept on trucking. I don’t get lucky much but that day I did. My boys friends mom was behind us in her brand new Jeep. 
I’ve trailered it several times with only the front and back windows (can am hard coated) installed with no probs.

Sure do like that super atv back window though. Good choice 👍