Greetings from the great white north

Superchicken

• Member ID:  466
  • Content Count:  4

Howdy. Just took delivery of a defender XMR. Am looking at getting the BUDS software package for diagnostics etc. Anyone here have any experience with the systems available online?

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

I am not familiar with any aftermarket Can Am diagnostics and I don't believe you can get the BUDS system unless you are a dealer. 

The vehicle will flash the code on the display if it is active but I have not found a table that shows what the digital code refers to so the fact that you have an active code is helpful but not necessarily useful for diagnostics unless it points you to the sensor that has failed or is malfunctioning? The system will reset on some codes but the important codes will require BUDS to clear or reset? Perhaps someone has come across a code reader like those that are sold for cars if so chime in?🙂

• Member ID:  214
  • Content Count:  297

Welcome from North Texas Superchicken!

CG

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

Welcome from Central Texas @Superchicken 🍻  - Congrats on the new Defender!

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  466
  • Content Count:  4

Thanks guys....

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Ya buds I think is a dealer only thing  but I’m not 100% on that. I’m sure brp would not let that software out to the public. Think of the $ they would loose. Make friends with the service shop guys they are the ones wrenching on can-ams all day. 

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Edit 

turned out you can get the software 

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Okay guys... First off.... WELCOME Super chicken!!! As far as a BUDS/BUDS 2 unit is concerned.... YES you can get one... They are not cheap, but you can get them. I happen to be getting one. There are shops out there that are NON AFFILIATED with any one manufacturer that work on these rigs... and they have these units.. I picked one up from an Austrian outfit www.powersport-diag.com and should have it next week. My OEM manual also shows up next week and it's game on!!! First on my agenda is fixing my steering calibration... then some tuning.... 

But depending on what you are looking to do with the BUDS unit, they range from 700-1500 and the manual is 180.... so if yer gonna play???? YER GONNA PAY!!! 

I'll keep you all posted

Okay... As for the buds unit.... I GOT IT EARLY!!! YAY!!! Maybe I can get Bear done today...  Hoping if my manual isn't in, they will print me the steering recalibration segment 

20200703_072002.jpg

Edited by A hunt 2 remember

Well, as for the manual... ONLINE at brp.manuals.com for 24.95. And guess what??? BEAR IS BACK IN BUSINESS!!! YAY!!! The BUDS unit worked FLAWLESSLY!!! Even got it to say Welcome Big Daddy... when he comes online... GOTTA LOVE THAT!!! Now to learn a bit more and reconfigure his parameters... Tire size and all can be manipulated. Also to find a good tune to flash him with.... Oh this is gonna be a fun tool for MAXING OUT BEAR!@! MUWAHAHA........ But for now.... HE'S ALIVE!!!!