Hoping BRP makes good!!

A hunt 2 remember

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Well, first off, let me start with "I LOVE MY BEAR!!!" But for the PRICE??? BRP COULD USE BETTER PARTS!!! From their electronics to the running gear!!! Now sure a faulty window switch is one thing when they make it a PITA to make a claim on.... BUT IF THEY EVEN BALK at replacing an axle that didn't make 1700 miles/210 hours..... and 6 months..... We are gonna have issues!!! I've seen others with the window switch issue.... but has anyone else had an axle take a dump this early on???

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Did you grease it lol I’m sorry I had to. That does really suck to break an axle if you haven’t been doing anything with bear that would justify a broken axle. I’m betting if it was me brp would say we don’t cover those kinds of things but that’s my luck. I hope for your sake they make good and hook ya a new one. 
I also hope they don’t see the photo of what looks like bear pulling a 5th wheel toy hauler. Great photo though 👍

• Haha 1

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Sorry to hear about the broken axle, was it the front or the back? Where did it fail, a picture would help?

I don't think it should happen on a stock machine ever but once we start making mods like bigger tires and lift, things change. The angles for the u joints increase especially if a wheel drops into a hole.

I have both mods as well and a reflash so I hope drive train failures are not in my immediate. 

Well, not a BROKEN axle... But blown CV's... it was a front. And yes Andy... it's a can o worms... once we start modding them out they start to break other parts... I guess with the A arms.... I should have just gone AXLES TOO!!! And rears.... I'm sure it's gonna be a SMACK DOWN to get it covered.... But 200 hours??? 2000 miles +/- adjusted..... seems like they installed 1/2 ton axles in a ONE TON RIG...

So... hoping to have been able to buy a set of Rhino 2.0 axels from super atv. Unfortunately they would not confirm fitment of the axles for my 19... The thing that got me was the fitment chart showed they would fit... but no drop downs for the 19... I'm assuming the reason is because they have not actually fit them on a 19. Not having the time OR PATIENCE to fiddle with them up here broken down.... (LONG STORY) (Just know that NEW RV stands for 'N'ever 'E'nding 'W'orst 'R'uined 'V'acation) 

So, I bought some 'Demon' HD axles from Side by Side stuff... thing is.... they tell me axles from 16-19 are all the same..... does that mean I should/could have got the Rhino's????

Or.... considering I have changed to 2" forward A arms and added a 1.5" lift.... should I have looked into 2020 axles??? Or is the spline different? Because thinking about it.... the geometry of the axles HAS CHANGED....(and the 2020 models have already gone 2" forward) But was that enough too cause my issue on my 19? Aren't the inner splines made to slide and make up that difference? Or was it that that the OEM CV's were made for a cub.... and BEAR has just OUTGROWN THEM??? 😉

Whatever the case may be.... I guess I'll be ending up with the "DEMON BEAR" .... Almost fitting actually... next will be a set of rear arms and axles.... 

THEN???? 😕 😕 😕

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

I usually spend some time on the Can Am parts web and compare part numbers between different years to see if things have changed when I am researching Can Am or after market parts. If no change in Can Am part numbers than I know there hasn't been an update so the previous years will fit?😉

• Like 1