Max Owners Input Please

Jayvee

• Member ID:  391
  • Content Count:  3

I am considering a Defender Max but have a little concern with the overall length.  Have you Max Owners experienced any issues with operation on trails for instance?  Ani input would be appreciated!

• Member ID:  298
  • Content Count:  107

We have had no issues on trails at all. The defender max isn’t the smallest unit out there and isn’t quite as nimble around corners, but I wouldn’t trade the interior space and comfort for anything. We might have an occasional 3 point turn here and there around tight turns but it’s minimal. I feel like the turning radius is very good on these machines.

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

The defender max wheel base is longer and the machine will high center more easily because of that, if break over angle isn't that important to you, no problem. As far as length of the machine I don't see a problem on the trail more so on what you use to haul it with and storage etc.?😉

• Member ID:  232
  • Content Count:  50

Love the max for room and comfort. It’s like having a UTV party bus. The long wheelbase does lend itself to snagging the quarter panels on stuff though. Trees, stumps and in the whoops you may find yourself hitting the belly and quarters on things. You definitely have to pay attention in the rocks. I think 30” tires will help once I can afford them and you may want to do the rock sliders right off the bat. Wish I did. The bracket lift is inexpensive and added about 1.5” of ground clearance. Overall happy with the max. 

• Member ID:  399
  • Content Count:  2

I ride some pretty intense trails in the Ozarks. And have not really found much i can’t ride.  But I have rock sliders they protect the doors and 30” tires. 

7D417B9E-5444-422C-BE20-AB7AC06DE791.jpeg

• Member ID:  323
  • Content Count:  50

The only concern is height, height getting it into a trailer, or clearance under tree limbs and branches on your trails. Mine is over 82" high but I dont care, having heat and air is worth it all. The Defender turns very tight. If you high speed on trails the usable shock travel is very limited vs. X3. If you just drive normal on the trails you will get along fine. Figure out what is important to you and buy what meets those needs. I used to drag race a turbo apex RZR, so this is quite a change. But as I get older I hate the weather more each day. Sold some atvs and bought this, put 600 miles on since January, we drive it everywhere. I also had to haul 5 people which didn't leave many options.

20200402_183011.jpg