Replacement louvre for 2018 Defender heat vent

Mikep123456

I found the 2019 XT cab enclosure in the 2nd lowest item on the online parts list Defender series, 020 , 03 09. The part number is 520001681, its called a round grid and retails for about $20cdn. Be sure to check with your parts person to confirm this is what you want before you place your order? FYI😉

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like you have two tabs that have to pop out, try and pry gently with a small flat blade screw driverfrom the front of the panel first? It is also possible that they rotate to lock into or release from the locked position?🤔

Easy Peasy, used a painters tool (I thinks it’s a 5 way painters tool) anywayI was able to slip behind the rotating collar and kept it pry’d open with a small screw driver and rotated the painters under the flange and it basically popped out. That allowed access to the fixed collar where I sprung open the retention tabs with the small screw driver. The new one is “clocked” with a male alignment into the female slot at the 6:00 o’clock position. I didn’t think of it till after I installed the new one. The louvre is inside the unit. 

Mike 

72138ED3-D837-4327-90BF-BDE33D8670D2.jpeg

• 2 years later...

I am new to this forum, or any forum for that matter, but I did research replacing the heater vents as they were all broken on my 2018 Defender when I bought it.  I just figured out what I feel is an awesome and cheap fix.  I don't want to spend time posting details and pics unless people need it given this thread seems several years old.  Please let me know if anybody still wants this info and I will add my info to share with all.  Thx