Power window wiring harness

• Member ID:  2,444
  • Content Count:  3

I recently purchased a gently used 2020 Cam-Am Defender HD8 XT. It has power windows, with the wiring harness in the roof exposed. All added features were performed by the Can-Am dealership, all Can-Am parts. I would like to add a dome light as well as a bar light. The installed harness has 4 extra wiring ports, but have no clue as to what they may be for. One would guess the larger ones designated as wiper installation, and possibly a light bar. There are 2 smaller sets consisting of two wires, one with black and white, the other black and red. Can anyone provide any information as to what these may be used for, are they live, switched, ignition activated…? Can I use any of these for dome light or light bar? Do I need to run new wiring harness? I’ve enclosed 2 pictures hoping this may help.

I’ve attempted reaching out to BRP inquiring about this 3 times to no avail…what’s the norm?

IMG_7777.jpeg

IMG_7778.jpeg

So this is wiring harness 710004462, and hope that this makes it easier to view. Two of the green and black ports serve windows.Any insight as to what the 4 extra sets of wires are for?IMG_7781.thumb.png.8ebeef38d2d43fba6dce89f3cc53f06e.png

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

It's been years (2019) since I was up there on my machine but I suggest you get a volt meter and see which are live, mine came with the dome light.🙂

• Member ID:  330
  • Content Count:  123

The red and black is your power for the dome light (a can am dome light plugs right into these) and the purple and white is for the windshield washer fluid pump that mounts on the washer fluid tank right behind the cab.  

Red set should be constant when the ignition is on and the purple set is switched with the windshield wiper switch.

Thanx all

• Like 1