2020 DEFENDER DPS HD8

REDDOG

• Member ID:  212
  • Content Count:  14

Hello, New to the group. Question, what are the battery posts under the hood on the front used for? I was told for jumping and battery tender use only by the dealer as he said he has to do what the manufacturer says BUUUTTTTT  there are other uses. I hooked up the Battle Armour front bumper with LED Pods and works awesome to the posts.  I also hooked Winch to it prob a NO NO on the Winch but it never felt hot with limited use I did. Anyone have any thoughts on this? The previous model years don't have this option. Thanks for any info..

REDDOG

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  125

Did you ever figure this out?  Good to know there may be power up front if I need it.  I’m going to look for them on mine right now.  I’m in an HD10, but they ought to be similar. -Mark

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  691

I was looking for 12 volt power under the hood and I couldn't find anything except the fuse box. There is power under the dash just to the right of the steering post but you have to be a contortionist to get to that source if your sxs comes with a heater. I want to wire a front LED light to mount on the front bumper and haven't found a suitible source, my light has the fuse in the wiring?🤔

• Member ID:  171
  • Content Count:  55

Tie in at the Cig. lighter outlet on the dash, unless your using the lighter to light up something.:classic_biggrin:

I put my 8" LED bar tied into that with no issues even with the LED Amber Strobe plugged in for plowing. The 8" draws less than 5amp max.

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  691

Thanks but when I decide to go ahead with the install, I will buy and install a second terminal strip and install it where it is accessible under the dash or more likely under the hood. That way I only have to fight with the inaccessible terminal strip once. The LED light set I have only requires the light to be wired to a 12v, 3A source, the switch for the LED plugs into the 12 volt source plug on the dash and operates via RF, no wires. It includes an outlet for charging your phone etc.😥

• Member ID:  212
  • Content Count:  14

Hello, I ended up tying my key on wire for winch to cig plug. I don't use winch much so it should be okay. My LEDs in the bumber are hooked up hot and the switch is always lighted. I hope no problems down the road..  I am currently adding a second battery with an isolator to run accessories so I may have to change some things..  I do have a question tho, I am installing back up lights on the bed under the taillights that will run with a toggle switch in the dash for a clean look,  does anyone have an idea on how to run wires under the floor by the coolant lines from rear to front? Being that I have a Max that's a bit of a distance.. TIA for info