Theft Insurance

Comalian

• Member ID:  176
  • Content Count:  9

Is it a good idea to have theft and liability insurance?    Years ago had my Rhino stolen from my garage which makes me seek your experiences in regard to theft and liability  

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Depends on where you live? I live in Alberta where an Atv license and liability insurance are required when you are on public lands where most of us ride, as a result I carry liability, fire and theft but not collision. 

If you ride on private property insurance and plates are not required. 🙄

As added insurance does anyone use locking wheel nuts?  Do these fit the Defender Max HD8 2019?

Gorilla Automotive 71611N Acorn Wheel Locks (10mm x 1.25 Thread Size)

Hi Andystoy, used to ride up to Drumheller (Wayne) for the summer motorcycle event.   Until it became run by the community instead of, as it once was, the biker community. 

My thoughts were not relevant to what can and cannot be done but rather the advisability of theft and collision insurance 

The concern I have is the likelihood of needing either.   My local CanAm dealer here in Mexico does not seem to have information on theft probability nor basic prevention tools like wheel locks.   So I reached out to the Can-Am community for their experiences.   

I’m guessing, based on lack of response, security is mot an issue. 

• Member ID:  102
  • Content Count:  51

On 8/2/2019 at 9:59 AM, Comalian said:

Is it a good idea to have theft and liability insurance?    Years ago had my Rhino stolen from my garage which makes me seek your experiences in regard to theft and liability  

I have both even though homeowners would cover it since it’s stored inside a garage. I’m double covered this way and if it would happen to get stolen somehow someway while we were out riding. 

Thanks Roc23, appreciated.   Got an email from my insurance agent moments ago letting me know theft/liability or any other kind of insurance is not available for my Defender.

To top it all off the Gorilla Locking Wheel Nuts will not fit the defender rims as no room for the lock and the socket to install.

Glad to hear a couple of you are concerned about the security of their vehicle from theft.   I guess the old saying about concern not being activated until the horse has left the barn has a ring of truth to it.

3 minutes ago, Comalian said:

Thanks Roc23, appreciated.   Got an email from my insurance agent moments ago letting me know theft/liability or any other kind of insurance is not available for my Defender.

To top it all off the Gorilla Locking Wheel Nuts will not fit the defender rims as no room for the lock and the socket to install.

Glad to hear a couple of you are concerned about the security of their vehicle from theft.   I guess the old saying about concern not being activated until the horse has left the barn has a ring of truth to it.

Could always put a tracker in the air box? Saying is true!

Thanks, great idea don’t know why I never thought of it.   Brilliant!

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

In Ontario Canada I had a real hard time insuring my hd10. Only one company would touch it and it ain’t cheap. Being a 1000 seemed to be some of the prob. I think I pay more for this defender insurance then my Ram. And that’s not a lol kinda statement. 

24 minutes ago, Hkb82 said:

In Ontario Canada I had a real hard time insuring my hd10. Only one company would touch it and it ain’t cheap. Being a 1000 seemed to be some of the prob. I think I pay more for this defender insurance then my Ram. And that’s not a lol kinda statement. 

Wow that’s crazy I had no issues insuring mine and it was relatively cheap 

• Member ID:  211
  • Content Count:  2

i had mine insured through a participating party of sentry mc insurance, however they notified me that as of july 01, 2019 they will no longer cover, utv and or off road vehicles.   due to the money i have invested in it,  I was mostly concerned with theft.  tracking devices might work in the short term, but they can be located with tracking device sensors and rendered ineffective. any ideas?

• Member ID:  214
  • Content Count:  297

Good evening,

just joined after purchasing an HD8 this past week. I have a whole 1.5 hours on it from this weekend.

Not sure where you live but I got a policy with liability, PIP and comp (theft, fire, etc.) from Progressive. It was less than $300/year and also covers my trailer. 

CG

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  218
  • Content Count:  4

Mine is insured through my auto policy. 

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  245
  • Content Count:  13

Progressive is the way to go.  That's who I have also. Way cheaper then adding it to my auto policy