New to Defender

TrueBlue

• Member ID:  161
  • Content Count:  42

Hi , all

Coming from a  Kawasaki Teryx 4 LE  soft Cab which was very noisy and dusty but you have to start somewhere. The thing was built like a tank and i had 11,000  klm all dirt road riding on it  with zero issues.  I am a BRP fan with 3 snowmobiles and they are awesome so I figured it’s time to switch rides and try the same brand and the Defender looked awesome. Was thinking of the Ranger Crew with Ride Command but just couldn’t do it ! LOL 

cheers TB

• Member ID:  87
  • Content Count:  33

Welcome to the forum.

I'm relatively new to the Defender as well.  Bought an xmr in March of 2019.  

This thing is unbelievable. I recently had it in knee deep mud and waist deep water and it just won't quit.  It was soupy mud and my group had to go around it.  I went straight through the middle. The only drawback I've found so far is the I'm the one pulling everyone else out of trouble.  In fact, the last one I pulled out was the Kawi Teryx a seater.  I agree, the Teryx is a great bike, just too low for the terrain we travel.

Enjoy it and keep us updated.

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

Welcome to team Defender! I made the switch from Polaris back in October and I haven't looked back.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

Welcome aboard!  I'm have had my Defender almost a year now with have zero regrets.  It's been a true work horse and lots of fun!

• Member ID:  70
  • Content Count:  80

On 6/22/2019 at 8:39 AM, Dragoon said:

Welcome to team Defender! I made the switch from Polaris back in October and I haven't looked back.

Same here...

• Member ID:  39
  • Content Count:  54

Bought my 2018 hd10 max last October... just rolled 2200 miles and nock on wood worst issue was losing a center cap which my dealer gave me for free anyways ... great machine I read u asking questions about a few small issues no worries... I haven't noticed a rattle noise/vibration from the front of mine but I'm sure its minor and a silly problem ... once u figure that out for ur self ull be 7th heaven with that bike ... a day of riding it hadn't passed that it dosent impress me or everyone around me 

• Member ID:  161
  • Content Count:  42

Sounds good .😀

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  201
  • Content Count:  6

New to the Defender (Max) team myself.  Have a camp a mile off road on a mountain.  Father in law's Polaris 900 was a learning experience as to what not to buy.  Only one month into ownership, but, very pleased.  Need a heater and doors, trying to figure out what is best for me.  An amazing machine.  50 years ago my father was driving me around in a M37 Military, now I'm driving him around in a Defender.  He can't wait to go and has a great time.  

• Like 1

• Member ID:  102
  • Content Count:  51

On 8/11/2019 at 7:01 PM, jbird said:

New to the Defender (Max) team myself.  Have a camp a mile off road on a mountain.  Father in law's Polaris 900 was a learning experience as to what not to buy.  Only one month into ownership, but, very pleased.  Need a heater and doors, trying to figure out what is best for me.  An amazing machine.  50 years ago my father was driving me around in a M37 Military, now I'm driving him around in a Defender.  He can't wait to go and has a great time.  

Welcome Jbird! I’m looking into the heater and doors also. With the amount of heat that comes in with a rear window on I’m thinking must just need doors

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  126

My brother had Rangers for a long time and they were GREAT, but they don’t have the Can-Am X-Factor..!  If I could get front lockers on my XT Cab, the rig would be complete.  

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

When I bought my 2019 Defender XT Cab HD10, I checked into the locking front axle, it is available on the Defender XMR, so it is available from BRP but pricey. I had mine out for some bird hunting and was impressed with the deep holes it went through so far no winching at all. I avoided the longer muskeg stretches where the weight of the machine would result in a stuck job. I posted my build in the build section. FYI🙂

• Like 1