Advice before purchasing Tracks

Clinton

• Member ID:  1,426
  • Content Count:  4

Hey guys, 

I am really debating on pulling the trigger on a set of tracks here for my Defender Max Limited. Those of you with tracks, any regrets? especially any of you with the 6 seater model? I have camso's on my Outlander, but it is much lighter and has a much shorter wheelbase that actually floats on the snow. From the videos I watch it seems like the heavy machine and long wheelbase of the Max models leave you with great traction but no chance of floating on the snow. For $7100 CAD I'm unsure if it makes it as capable of a machine in the snow as I would hope.  

Thanks! 

canamdefendertracksenclosed_6a5fec49-9fdb-4f40-84f5-f964adaa6327_1024x1024.jpg

• Member ID:  2,026
  • Content Count:  45

I have a defender 6x6 and would like tracks for the rear to turn it into a half track does anyone know of this?

• Member ID:  330
  • Content Count:  123

I do not have a max, but with my camso tracks I have yet to have any issues with getting through the snow in central/northern Minnesota.  I'm sure it won't go through as much as your outlander, but it is still VERY capable.  

• Member ID:  541
  • Content Count:  20

This is my second HD 10 Defender. My first was a 2019 and my second a 2022 Defender Limited both have had tracks and were used extensively. I have had no problems and they allow this unit to go anywhere and pull like crazy. I have logged probably 6000 km with tracks and use them only in snow. I highly recommend them and have tested them daily on my trap line. As for the Max application I don't see an issue.

• Member ID:  541
  • Content Count:  20

Should have stated these tracks are the LT360 ones can am manufactures.

• Member ID:  1,523
  • Content Count:  6

Hello, I have a 2017 defender XT with the 360 LT tracks.  I bought mine used that ended up being in really good shape.  Just needed it normal service.  I ended up getting the 360lt due to they have less tendency to fall off the track vs Camso's. 

In fresh deep powder it is slow and have to use 4L with 4x4 and locked up.  Normal powder I find that I have to use just 4L.  Normal hard winter snow 4x4 or 2W in High works pretty well.  The only regret that I have is not using them as much as I would like to.