2022 Defender Limited Cab Leaking

TrendChaser103

Question

• Member ID:  1,761
  • Content Count:  4

Anyone else with a 22.5 Defender limited have a lot of water leaking in around the new windows when washing? 

Pic is after washing it down with a hose, I don't even dare use a pressure washer. 

Lovely quality on a 40K machine 

20221007_090559.jpg

11 answers to this question

• Member ID:  814
  • Content Count:  37

As much as I would like to complain about some of the issues, I remind myself that this model isn't a car or truck. It was originally a no cab model. I had a bit of water in the cab around the door on my 2022 LTD and 2020 HD8 XT Cab. I simply re adjusted the doors as the gaps seemed off. I don't know if this is a can-am issue or is it a dealer PDI issue? But honestly for what this machine can do even at 40k+ Canadian I am super happy with it. 

Edited by ArcticHD8XTCab

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

The doors and front window are not water tight or air tight; its normal to have water come in even from a hard rain or driving through water that is higher than the bottom of the door on my 2019.🙂

2 hours ago, ArcticHD8XTCab said:

As much as I would like to complain about some of the issues, I remind myself that this model isn't a car or truck. It was originally a no cab model. I had a bit of water in the cab around the door on my 2022 LTD and 2020 HD8 XT Cab. I simply re adjusted the doors as the gaps seemed off. I don't know if this is a can-am issue or is it a dealer PDI issue? But honestly for what this machine can do even at 40k+ Canadian I am super happy with it. 

I'm more interested to see if others noticed the same thing or if its just mine. My uncle has a 2020 with no leaking on the older style door. 

Door gaps I can fix but don't want to silicone the windows up front lol

• Member ID:  1,772
  • Content Count:  1

We just took delivery of a 22.5 Defender Lonestar in August.  For a cab that is supposed to be clean and dry, we sure do get a TON of water leaking down the windows and windshield (it pools in the switches) and a whole ton of dirt in the cab.  Can-Am has been zero help so far and the dealer isn't much help either.  They say "adjust the doors", on an almost $40K machine, the doors should come adjusted properly from the factory (in my opinion) and WE shouldn't have to adjust them.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1,065
  • Content Count:  16

On 10/20/2022 at 12:57 PM, RitzBitz said:

We just took delivery of a 22.5 Defender Lonestar in August.  For a cab that is supposed to be clean and dry, we sure do get a TON of water leaking down the windows and windshield (it pools in the switches) and a whole ton of dirt in the cab.  Can-Am has been zero help so far and the dealer isn't much help either.  They say "adjust the doors", on an almost $40K machine, the doors should come adjusted properly from the factory (in my opinion) and WE shouldn't have to adjust them.

Those window switches are garbage to begin with. This is a known issue even without water infiltrating the switches. 

• Member ID:  1,883
  • Content Count:  5

On 10/20/2022 at 11:57 AM, RitzBitz said:

I agree. I had gaps at the bottoms of my fronts on a brand new 2023 hd limited max. And smaller gaps on rear doors. I asked the salesman when I picked it up if they’d adjust the doors. The salesman told me to stop by Home Depot and add weather stripping! I laughed and told him he’s an idiot. It’s $38k machine and I would expect it to be better than that. I had a Polaris before I put doors on. Not sold on the factory cab just yet. Thinking it may have been smarter to buy the open and put super atvs doors or a soft door on. I’d be money ahead and the same mess inside. 

• Member ID:  1,887
  • Content Count:  2

I had the same problem.  I used a couple of wrenches to loosen and then push the door latch rod in towards the cab.  Problem solved.  Stupid that we have to do that but it is what it is.  

I am more pissed over Can-Am eliminating locking doors.  I hunt.  I would like to think I could keep my lunch, binoculars, etc etc at least somewhat safe.  And again, for a 33,000.00 toy, it is crap.  

GMA

• Member ID:  1,958

On 1/16/2023 at 10:02 AM, GMA said:

I had the same problem.  I used a couple of wrenches to loosen and then push the door latch rod in towards the cab.  Problem solved.  Stupid that we have to do that but it is what it is.  

I am more pissed over Can-Am eliminating locking doors.  I hunt.  I would like to think I could keep my lunch, binoculars, etc etc at least somewhat safe.  And again, for a 33,000.00 toy, it is crap.  

GMA

I just purchased 1 2023 defender max limited and the dealer told me these aren't 100% weather tight and they may need adjustment over time. Not that big of deal to me! My question is why did they eliminate locking doors if they had them in the past?

The thing is, you can't adjust the smaller window in the front part of the door or its seal. I have no problem with adjusting the door or front windshield gaps and stuff otherwise, this one just isn't exactly serviceable.

Fortunately where I live in the country, I don't care about the locking doors at all but I can totally see how it's annoying others. 

• Member ID:  2,141

I have a 2023 Logn Star and have waater leaking in. My dealer contacted BRP and they have no answers. The door ar not the correct size to fit the opening. My dealer put some weatherstriping on and that has help. I am going to make some plates for the uper corners to close the gap. I will let you all know how it works. I had a 2021 that did not leak at all. Also why they do not have locks is a bad deal. My 21 had locks and they are nice on trip when you want to lock up your gear for overnights. 

• Member ID:  2,149
  • Content Count:  3

We have the 2022 limited with the old style doors.  A LOT of dirt got inside the cabin, then I adjusted the doors, and a little less gets inside now.   Water also gets in but it's not too bad.  I will try to move door latch inward next adjustment.