2023 Can-Am Defender

Dragoon

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

The new 2023 Defender looks great and it looks like it also got some nice upgrades! Has anyone one picked one up yet or seen one at your local dealer?

• Member ID:  814
  • Content Count:  37

The new doors and windows look nice, but my biggest gripe on them is there is no door locks now, and no aftermarket or accessory locks. You need to go with the clear doors or old style doors to get a locking door. I use my machine around town here during the week and the door locks are nice added feature for me. May not be an issue for others. 

• Like 2

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Content Count:  146

i like the desert tan color, wish i could get one!  same thing for the most part other than the new doors for the 22.5s though.  now that the weather is getting colder, i wish i had got the limited as well for my 22.  oh well... didnt want any issues with the weight and such on the max in WI, until they changed the rules to 3k# from 2k#, they were over weight and technically illegal.

im happy with my xt hd10, certainly enjoy it when im out.  the seats get a little uncomfortable on longer trips and its about a 60-70 mile per day ride instead of 100-150 mile a day ride like the x3.

steve

8 hours ago, ArcticHD8XTCab said:

The new doors and windows look nice, but my biggest gripe on them is there is no door locks now, and no aftermarket or accessory locks. You need to go with the clear doors or old style doors to get a locking door. I use my machine around town here during the week and the door locks are nice added feature for me. May not be an issue for others. 

Interesting, I didn't know that about the door locks. It's nice that the rear windows roll down now. I always thought it was strange that they didn't have roll down rear windows on the older cabs. 

The JL Audio roof looks really nice! That's definitely an upgrade worth having IMO. I had a Ranger Ultimate Northstar with audio and it mediocre at best. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

• Member ID:  1,883
  • Content Count:  5

On 9/27/2022 at 5:13 PM, Dragoon said:

Interesting, I didn't know that about the door locks. It's nice that the rear windows roll down now. I always thought it was strange that they didn't have roll down rear windows on the older cabs. 

The JL Audio roof looks really nice! That's definitely an upgrade worth having IMO. I had a Ranger Ultimate Northstar with audio and it mediocre at best. 

Pretty sure I can put a much nicer sound system for less.  The roof is $4000+ on the crew. Not worth it. Quite enough in the cab a lil Bluetooth speaker is loud. 

Just now, Doublezbulls said:

Pretty sure I can put a much nicer sound system for less.  The roof is $4000+ on the crew. Not worth it. Quite enough in the cab a lil Bluetooth speaker is loud. 

But the locks not being there does suck. Hate that. That was one my reasons I was gonna stay with Polaris. Just took delivery on my 2023. Not impressed. Doors leak everywhere 

On 1/15/2023 at 11:01 PM, Doublezbulls said:

But the locks not being there does suck. Hate that. That was one my reasons I was gonna stay with Polaris. Just took delivery on my 2023. Not impressed. Doors leak everywhere 

Do you think the doors could be adjusted so that they seal up better or do you think it's just part of the design?

• Member ID:  1,545
  • Content Count:  18

On 1/17/2023 at 8:25 AM, Dragoon said:

Do you think the doors could be adjusted so that they seal up better or do you think it's just part of the design?

On my 22 limited max, doors (old style) were terrible as delivered. I spent a lot of time making better, but still not great. When I had them adjusted so they sealed the best, rubber seal ending up wearing a hole thru the top of the seal just above the door handle by rubbing on A pillar after 7 months.  My dealer replaced seals no charge, and also adjusted doors. Then gaps again. After adjusting for better seal, I can see they will wear thru again. I now regularly condition/lubricate the seal in hopes to make last longer. 
The doors just do not match the opening well. I assume this problem has not been resolved with new door design. 
that is disappointing as they do look great and I love the fact you can roll rear windows down. 

• Member ID:  1,897
  • Content Count:  2

Has anyone seen issues with welds rusting on the 23' Defenders? 

• Member ID:  1,899
  • Content Count:  1

On 9/27/2022 at 9:29 AM, ArcticHD8XTCab said:

I have a '23 Defender Limited.  All is good, but the lack of door locks absolutely sucks.  Can't leave tools in it, or hunting / fishing gear, or cameras, or anything at all.  Can't leave it outside overnight.  What was Can-Am thinking?  Let me know if anybody finds a solution (other than not driving it anywhere).

• Like 1

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

My 2019 Defender HD10 Cab XT came with keyed factory door locks, perhaps there is a way to retrofit them to your machine?🙂

On 1/15/2023 at 10:00 PM, Doublezbulls said:

On 1/18/2023 at 7:32 PM, dkdesign said:

On my 22 limited max, doors (old style) were terrible as delivered. I spent a lot of time making better, but still not great. When I had them adjusted so they sealed the best, rubber seal ending up wearing a hole thru the top of the seal just above the door handle by rubbing on A pillar after 7 months.  My dealer replaced seals no charge, and also adjusted doors. Then gaps again. After adjusting for better seal, I can see they will wear thru again. I now regularly condition/lubricate the seal in hopes to make last longer. 
The doors just do not match the opening well. I assume this problem has not been resolved with new door design. 
that is disappointing as they do look great and I love the fact you can roll rear windows down. 

Ya the dealer just took my 23’ back in to do what they call a “frame reset”. Apparently taking the roof and doors off. Loosen all frame bolts and try to adjust the frame to allow for the doors to seal better. I feel like it’s all smoke n mirrors, but we will see… just saw a 2022 North Star and I’ve got to say I’m jealous of the door locks!!!

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 7:25 AM, Dragoon said:

We will see… the dealer is doing a “frame reset” now. 

On 1/25/2023 at 10:15 PM, Doublezbulls said:

Ya the dealer just took my 23’ back in to do what they call a “frame reset”. Apparently taking the roof and doors off. Loosen all frame bolts and try to adjust the frame to allow for the doors to seal better. I feel like it’s all smoke n mirrors, but we will see… just saw a 2022 North Star and I’ve got to say I’m jealous of the door locks!!!

Hopefully, that does the trick! Keep us posted. 

• Member ID:  1,913
  • Content Count:  2

I’m glad that they are coming with 30 inch tires, and the forward A-arms now. One of my local dealers plans to get the 2023 limiteds shipped in May. I hope to get a deposit in on one soon.