Portable CD player/radio to simply sit on seat?

wendy

• Member ID:  1,283
  • Content Count:  13

Instead of installing a sound system, I just want to bring along a small rechargeable boom box once in awhile.  Has anyone else done this, and if so, do you have any recommendations for a unit that's loud enough to hear over the engine, can handle vibrations when playing a CD, and can receive radio signals while inside the vehicle?

• Member ID:  1,543
  • Content Count:  17

I use a milwaukee portable radio like the one pictured, it gets good radio reception, sounds good and with the center seat down it sits perfectly between the drivers and passenger seats, it doesn't have a CD player but you can plug a ipod into it.

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 2.57.40 PM.png

• Member ID:  330
  • Content Count:  123

I did the JBL Charge 3. I mounted it to the roll cage with some conduit straps. All my music is on my phone so no need for CD capabilities, but pretty loud, it’s waterproof and shock proof. No problems so far.  

image.jpg

• Member ID:  1,283
  • Content Count:  13

Thanks, DJLA and RossO.  I only use my cell for emergencies (yes, I'm a dinosaur who still loves my landline), and I don't have an ipod, so CDs are my method of amusement, but I do like that Milwaukee unit (and their tools), so if I can't find a rugged CD player, maybe I'll just go with a radio.  That's a pretty cool setup with the JBL player.  Wouldn't work for me, but I like the creative installation.

• Like 1