Another New Guy Today

dkdesign

• Member ID:  1,545
  • Content Count:  18

Hi All!

I'm from South Central WI.  Home to farm fields, woods, bluffs, whitetail deer, turkey, and fish.

I was impressed with info and topics listed on this site thus far.

I ordered a 22 Limited Max Last July- Hoping on an outside wim it would arrive by Deer Season. That hope was quickly dashed, and then the hope of maybe a Christmas present, but that also faded.  It arrived early Feb.  I have been busy with it since, I have close to 40 hours on it and have enjoyed it tremendously, but also have some disappointments with it as well. It spends most of its time helping with tasks and tours on our land, but also is a handy way to enjoy trails with friends.  Plenty of time put into customizing it to make it better suited for all its tasks, armor installed for its safety, sound system for my enjoyment, back-up camara, display, and additional lights for better vision, different tires and tinted windows 

I look forward to installing additional items in time and sharing stories, thoughts, mishaps or corrections and look forward to hearing of others' as well.

Dan

• Like 2

• Member ID:  541
  • Content Count:  20

Good for you our family really enjoys these units for work and play year round they are awesome. I am getting a new Defender Limited in July or August. One thing I was concerned with was the new one only comes with a 6 month warranty now and a $500.00 surcharge due to the environment we are In I was told. Can Am is not making any friends with their loyal customers. I also run their snowmobiles as well. Considering the price tag on these units I'm not to impressed. What are they thinking. 

I feel the same Trapper.  I have been loyal to BRP for a long time, my first skidoo was bought in 83.   This is my first can am. They came a long way since those years.  I have been a loyal customer to my dealer since 96, buying new sleds almost yearly till 04, sparingly since then.  Still good friends with the owner of that dealership and employees and feel confident if (or when) i have problems, they would help me out to a point, but not looking forward to that day...

I certainly was not overwhelmed with fit and finish of this unit.  Don't get me wrong, i do love it, but am not impressed with full package as sold for that price.  I don't buy extended warranty on anything, and now they are making standard warranty so short and full of loopholes, I don't think they are trying to cover anything or give the owner of their product a feeling of "Thank you for buying our product! I got your back if anything is not right."

It seems the shortage of so many things in any motorsports world has forced every maker to take the attitude of spending more money on advertising than product reliability.  I think they also have the attitude now to keep raising prices, cause someone will pay for it.

i assume if you are getting in July it is a '22 with the new doors or will it be a '23?

One of the things i was not impressed with is the fit of the old '22 doors. 10 days after i took delivery of my buggy, with a lot of my time getting doors to close and seal the way i was expecting, I seen the release of the new doors on the '22.  They look great! I will be wondering if they function better as well.   I do like the ability to roll the rear windows down.  Back seat occupants will appreciate the ability to chat with others at a trail stop with out opening the door.

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  214
  • Content Count:  297

Welcome to the forum dkdesign!

CG

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  691

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the new machine. A good place to start is on the home page forums, down to can am defender garage and than to defender builds, many write ups on builds and installs of accessories etc.🙂

Thank you Coach

Thank you Andy

Thanks to all who have shared thoughts and pics on this site and looking forward to everyone's insight.

Dan

Here is a look at the buggy as it sits now (more improvements to come...)20E7CCCD-62C1-4DF9-BD3C-F4281A6761CA.thumb.jpeg.7ba214346978d5fff1b5c7fa44a6d1b5.jpeg

• Like 1

• Member ID:  541
  • Content Count:  20

I ordered the Defender Limited HD10 2 door model and will be receiving it in July. As far as I know it will be a 2022. I am parting with my current 2019 one that has 9000 km and will be selling it on line when I confirm the new one has arrived. I've had limited issues with it just time for an upgrade. Hope new one comes in as scheduled. I too have been a long time Bombi fan and will not be buying an extended warranty as its coverage is limited. I just wish that they would wave that $500.00 surcharge or just lie to me and hide it in the overall price. I don't get it and don't like it at all.