No power to headlights or winch on 2021 Defender Max XT HD10

BadChad3

Question

• Member ID:  871
  • Content Count:  5

I have no power to the headlights, taillights and winch. I've checked fuses and relays still no power. What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

9 answers to this question

• Member ID:  759
  • Content Count:  107

Ignition switch issue?

loose ?

7 minutes ago, Bad Daddy said:

Ignition switch issue?

loose ?

I'm gonna go through it and check that . Thanks for the reply👍

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Where have you checked for fuses under the hood? On the older machines (2019 and older) there was a 40 amp fuse for accessory power under the hood panel, but there is another fuse box next to the battery that may provide a fused power supply to the items you mentioned. The winch overload is protected by circuit breakers that reset. My guess is you have  a blown fuse that supplies all those items depending upon where they were tied in but the winch should be separate? Good luck.🤔

1 hour ago, Andystoy19 said:

Where have you checked for fuses under the hood? On the older machines (2019 and older) there was a 40 amp fuse for accessory power under the hood panel, but there is another fuse box next to the battery that may provide a fused power supply to the items you mentioned. The winch overload is protected by circuit breakers that reset. My guess is you have  a blown fuse that supplies all those items depending upon where they were tied in but the winch should be separate? Good luck.🤔

I have check under the hood, all fuses were good. I thought I checked all in the rear by the battery but will do it again. I really appreciate the info cause I suck at electrical stuff😄Thank you! I'll try to remember to post what it was when I get it figured out.

• Member ID:  759
  • Content Count:  107

What year of machine?

5 hours ago, Bad Daddy said:

What year of machine?

• Member ID:  1,242
  • Content Count:  2

On 1/29/2021 at 12:02 PM, BadChad3 said:

I have check under the hood, all fuses were good. I thought I checked all in the rear by the battery but will do it again. I really appreciate the info cause I suck at electrical stuff😄Thank you! I'll try to remember to post what it was when I get it figured out.

I’m having a problem with my winch use it 1 time and now it won’t work. I got a new switch and still not working. Can someone tell me where the fuse is for the winch?

If it's a two seat, they should be under the hood and a 4 seat should be hood and under rear seat.

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  126

Guys - I’ve done a ton of electrical work on my 2019 XT Cab.  There’s one more fuse other than the ones under the passenger seat and under the hood: it’s under the dash.  It’s on a ‘dongle’ and you pry the top off to access the 40A fuse inside.  It’s directly rebated to the winch relay.  It’s not, however, related to the headlights and taillights.

Do check this: if your getting a relay “clunk” but no winch movement (ie, no voltage at the winch contacts), it’s probably your power buss blocks under the dash.  If you don’t have a heater, you’re in luck: crawl under with a 10mm ratchet and crank all three main buss nuts down TIGHT.  This fixed my winch problem.  If you do have a heater, it’s time to wrestle the alligator and get it moved off to the side for access to the buss blocks.  They’re nylock, but mine were loose after installing a volt meter (my bad).  Your could be loose too.  Do look for that fuse though.  I’ll try to get a picture of it.  -Mark