backrack

Marc B

• Member ID:  59
  • Content Count:  10

looking for a custom back rack for my new 2018 defender xt 1000, don't like the look or the brp. seen some for truck with cnc cut out of moose design , but not for utv

If anybody know a supplier , please let me know

• Member ID:  20
  • Content Count:  100

I don't know any suppliers of custom ones.  Mine is made by can am, but I have welded angle iron to it to connect some gun holders and it is made out of steel.  I would think if you have a local welding shop, they could take the factory one and customize it pretty easy with a moose or anything else.  I just used rustoleum flat black to cover the welds and you can't tell the difference in color.  Or you could repaint or powder coat the whole thing after the weld work.

IMG_20190104_112111621.jpg

• Member ID:  39
  • Content Count:  54

A lil off topic but I cant help but notice u have the can am soft doors of ur rig mark... I about to purchase a set soon for mine can u post a pic or with ur  doors on .... and is there anything u dislike about them ... just curious on how well they latch and if they seal up halfway decent when closed ... I do realize there soft doors and not looking for a perfect air tight seal or I woulda bought a cab model ... for the winter I think they would be ultimate for keeping us a lil warmer ... I dont need a cab heater but may slide a buddy heater in the there with us ... my only concern at all on them is puncturing them with a branch or something in the woods around here but chance I'm willing to take and if all else fails and the were to get tore up on something I figure with the steel frame latch and hinges from them wouldnt be to bad to cover them with something else aluminum sheeting or something along those lines

They seal real good, maybe too good which makes them hard to shut.  Think of trying to slide a refrigerator over, that's how i have to close them sometimes.  Plant your feet just right and put your shoulder in it.  Other times they open and close pretty easy.  I have adjusted them but it seems the velcro holding the fabric tight slips a little and the seals rotate around and then they are hard to shut.  A lot of times they are caked with mud and that causes some of it.  The fabric and vinyl are tough and i haven't had any issues with holes except when i left the window down on the inside and tried to close the door.  I then did the refrigerator move about three times before i realized the window was down and the door lock poked a hole in it.  I only use them for a few months in winter and they do the job I bought them for by keeping it warm.  The golf cart buddy works good in there.  I also have an electric heater I put inside the cab that is on a timer to come on a few hours before i go out in the morning.  That works good to defrost the windows.  If i needed them more than a couple months a year i would recommend the hard doors, but for occasional use they are fine.  They are also easy to take on and off.  They are also nice when hauling machine on the trailer because I can throw a bunch of gear in the cab, lock the doors and not have to strap it all down.  I don't have a lot of pictures of the doors but here are a few.  It's raining here all weekend and can't get out to take some decent ones.

IMG_20190206_183710802.jpg

IMG_20180216_065809660.jpg

IMG_20180310_110156896_HDR.jpg

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

On 2/9/2019 at 10:35 AM, Marc B said:

looking for a custom back rack for my new 2018 defender xt 1000, don't like the look or the brp. seen some for truck with cnc cut out of moose design , but not for utv

If anybody know a supplier , please let me know

Hi @Marc B, Welcome to the forum! 

Can you post any sample photos of what you have in mind?  I've been looking for a back rack as well but just can't seem to find the perfect one yet.

brp part #715002423 is what oi ordered today, once I have it il remove the mesh and add a stainless sheet on both side with a moose cut out by cnc, if all goes good

backrack-brp.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! Please share a picture after you get it done, I'd really like to see that.

Back rack installed , waiting for cnc moose cut out

defpic1.png

defpic2.png

defpic3.png

• Like 3

Thats a nice looking machine!  You have really got a lot of add on's on it.  I like those rails along the bed.  I need to get some of those and the fender flares also.

• Member ID:  70
  • Content Count:  80

Nice looking machine. Do you get any noise, rattling or vibration from the rack?  Are those the standard sport fender flares or the “wider” flares?

Thanks 

Bought it in oct with 5 feet snow , so not sure how she runs yet. Always been driving outlander max for years

Finally got the moose cnc welded today , should be powder coated this week if friend not to busy

2moose.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Member ID:  67
  • Content Count:  35

Nice!

• Member ID:  39
  • Content Count:  54

Looks awesome! 👌

Oh Yeah!! That's Nice. You found a talented welder.

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  92
  • Content Count:  7

I designed my own rack and had a friend weld it up. All aluminum. Works great and only weighs about 45 lbs.  

LQbCPZKRRfSRV+XLrNkvQA.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1