2021 Defender limited winch Remote connector wiring

Blaine

• Member ID:  817
  • Content Count:  13

Hi,

I'm new to the Can Am experienced and just bought a 2021 Defender Limted. Adding accessories and one of those is the winch remote connector cable that installs under the front hood. Ive got everything in but cannot seem to figure which wires connect the existing wires indicated in the instructions. The remote cable is a 3 wire set up with red,, green and black wires. There are 4 existing connectors that are red, green, black and there's  also a 4th all white wire. i tried connecting the remote cable to the corresponding colors of the existing connectors but not getting any response from the winch. Anyone know if that's the correct wiring or what the issue could be? The instructions indicate connecting to the existing 4 wire location.

16093809129803709378481560363304.jpg

16093809618453290158540077058068.jpg

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

First off... WELCOME to the forum!!! I think if you drop down a couple threads you will find your answer... A couple pictures that should help out... I believe you will find the plug you are looking for below/behind the Buds port plug... I guess if you pop the buds plug out of its holder, the plug you are looking for is located in that mess of spaghetti... 😉

Most of us have gone wireless...

3 minutes ago, A hunt 2 remember said:

First off... WELCOME to the forum!!! I think if you drop down a couple threads you will find your answer... A couple pictures that should help out... I believe you will find the plug you are looking for below/behind the Buds port plug... I guess if you pop the buds plug out of its holder, the plug you are looking for is located in that mess of spaghetti... 😉

Most of us have gone wireless...

image.png.8ed008cc4492e947748439832cc9d0f5.pngimage.png.76e929fcbfdfce53e5ec9d7737867f77.png

• Member ID:  817
  • Content Count:  13

Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Blaine said:

Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Good luck!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Welcome to the group Blaine. Lots of great people and info on this site for your new toy. 
the first picture you posted of the 3 pole plug with cap removed is where my winch cable plugs into. I’m guessing on the newer models it’s different as the photos hunt posted looks different from under my 2019 hd10 hood. But that plug you have in the first photo hunt/bear doesn’t have it. Kinda strange since you have a 2021. Have a look at the thread 3 prong switch. I posted pics of mine. 

2 hours ago, Hkb82 said:

Welcome to the group Blaine. Lots of great people and info on this site for your new toy. 
the first picture you posted of the 3 pole plug with cap removed is where my winch cable plugs into. I’m guessing on the newer models it’s different as the photos hunt posted looks different from under my 2019 hd10 hood. But that plug you have in the first photo hunt/bear doesn’t have it. Kinda strange since you have a 2021. Have a look at the thread 3 prong switch. I posted pics of mine. 

That is where I pulled the pictures I posted... Mine was already hooked up since I bought a 19 HD10 XT CAB.....

• 6 months later...

• Member ID:  1,156
  • Content Count:  11

Yeah, the factory parks the winch connector in an unused socket (PF7 I believe?) as shown in the photo to keep it out of the way (and to hide it from users ;-)) until needed. Just release the connector latch and pull it out and mate it up to your remote control wire connector and you should be good to go.