HD10 redline

mikebenzon

• Member ID:  754
  • Content Count:  2

I'm curious what the rpm redline for my HD10 motor. I see it runs at 4000 most of the time. I am new to side by side vehicles.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

The HD10 has an electronic rev limiter so it will stutter (miss fire) if you reach that value. I couldn't find the number in the book but it is about 7900 RPM. Max power is listed at 7000 RPM in the shop manual for 2019 and previous models and maximum torque is about 5900 RPM. I don't believe you can reach the rev limiter in high range unless you break something but you could reach it in low range.

Depending on your driving conditions 4000 RPM in high range would be in the normal range.🙂

• Member ID:  754
  • Content Count:  2

Thanks for the info. It's good to know about the rev limiter, not that I am pushing it that hard. I mainly bought this thing to cruise around the forest service roads near where we live.

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  793
  • Content Count:  1

figured it out

Edited by mtnmndan

• Member ID:  602
  • Content Count:  19

1 hour ago, mtnmndan said:

Just got the 2Just got the 20 defender delivered and it seems I must have it in the wrong gear or something. I have tried high and low but it only goes aobut 15mph...Do I need the seatbelts on to get a higher speed or what am I missing0 defender delivered and it seems I must have it in the wrong gear or something. I have tried high and low but it only goes aobut 15mph...Do I need the seatbelts on to get a higher speed or what am I missing.

Yes, you need the driver seatbelt on. 15 max without. Suggest reading the owners manual on break-in and other things for a new bike.