Front end vibration and rattle

Phillip

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

My rattle is gone.... figured it had to do with my right front outer CV joint.... Since it grenaded and I replaced it with lifetime guaranteed Gorilla axles...... my GROWL IS GONE!! 

• Member ID:  696
  • Content Count:  4

2021 can am defender limited hd 10 brand new with 150 miles.  driveline vibration at all speeds and in both 2 and 4 wheel drive.  I am to the point of removing the floor pans to inspect the driveline, but then it occurred to me.....I just dropped 30grand on this pos!!!!!  Why should I inspect or try and figure out what the hell is going on with the vibration!!!!!  answer-because I have limited faith that the dealer will do anything and is a 90 minute drive.  This is a known problem, can anyone help with this one?????  I know im not the first to ask for the warranty solution, cmon can am comrads, give a buddy some help before I rip this thing apart.....

• Member ID:  600
  • Content Count:  25

On 12/6/2020 at 9:50 PM, A hunt 2 remember said:

My rattle is gone.... figured it had to do with my right front outer CV joint.... Since it grenaded and I replaced it with lifetime guaranteed Gorilla axles...... my GROWL IS GONE!! 

Right frt? Mine is more on the left 

21 hours ago, Eviltwin said:

2021 can am defender limited hd 10 brand new with 150 miles.  driveline vibration at all speeds and in both 2 and 4 wheel drive.  I am to the point of removing the floor pans to inspect the driveline, but then it occurred to me.....I just dropped 30grand on this pos!!!!!  Why should I inspect or try and figure out what the hell is going on with the vibration!!!!!  answer-because I have limited faith that the dealer will do anything and is a 90 minute drive.  This is a known problem, can anyone help with this one?????  I know im not the first to ask for the warranty solution, cmon can am comrads, give a buddy some help before I rip this thing apart.....

I hear ya...mine has been back to the dealer...was told it was fixed..BS! I bought new so I wouldn't have to wrench for.....awhile. I'm thinking unbalanced driveshaft or axle...

15 minutes ago, GB20 said:

Right frt? Mine is more on the left 

Well, maybe yoir left CVJ is the drier of the two? Mine just happened to be the right.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eviltwin said:

I hate to say it, But you are 100% correct in that the dealer will DO SQUAT!!! Even if they fond the problem..... Warranties most likely won't cover it.... Or it will be such a PITA to get it covered...... That you'll end up saying F' IT!!! And do it yourself anyway.... better to just skip ALL THE BS!!!! and just fix it yourself.... I had a brake issue that I just couldn't figure out....(WOULD NOT STAY UNDER PRESSURE)  so I took it to the local dealer. They had it for a week and told me it was a disc/hub issue... So I bought them both.... Guess what? Both were PERFECT!!!! So I called them about it.... and did some SERIOUS REAMING!!!! And told them I wanted to talk to management about it... So the manager calls and tells me that they couldn't hardly turn the wheel because the visco lok diff was f'd up.... and they assumed the brake issue was as described above.... THEN WHY THE F DIDN'T THEY TELL ME THAT WHEN THEY CALLED ME???? He told me "they did". REALLY???? Don't ya think I'd have had that looked into while it was in, IF IN FACT THAT WAS THE CASE??? Then when I ask about the diff...... They tell me they don't warranty broken parts like that..... WHY IN THE F WOULD I NEED A PERFECTLY GOOD OPERATIONAL DIFF COVERED BY WARRANTY!!! F'N CROOKS!!!! And CanAm was NO HELP EITHER!!! 

GOOD LUCK!!

Joe

Ends up..... it was a sticky caliper!!! And by the way...... I HAD TO BUY AND INSTALL IT!!! NO WARRANTY. WHAT A CROCK OF $H@TT!!!

50 minutes ago, A hunt 2 remember said:

Ends up..... it was a sticky caliper!!! And by the way...... I HAD TO BUY AND INSTALL IT!!! NO WARRANTY. WHAT A CROCK OF $H@TT!!!

Dam.,I could go on also but I'm to friggin lazy to type that much lol Sooner or later I'll have to fix it myself, I just don't want to bug an axel if I need a driveshaft...nor do I want to remove the skid plate to remove the driveshaft...

3 hours ago, GB20 said:

Dam.,I could go on also but I'm to friggin lazy to type that much lol Sooner or later I'll have to fix it myself, I just don't want to bug an axel if I need a driveshaft...nor do I want to remove the skid plate to remove the driveshaft...

I'm actually thinking about dropping my skids again. This time I'll fill that cavity with expanding foam for a couple reasons... first of which NOISE dampening. Secondly for HEAT RETENTION. 

Joe

• Like 1

Hey guys got some good news on my end, shortly after I got my defender I started looking for tires  The tires I wanted that were backorder for about 3 months just showed up! I just got them mounted on my stock rims. Took it for a 4-5 mile ride around town and no more rattle!! Tomorrow I'll get some more miles in it & update you all. Has anyone else changed tires and still have the rattle..vibe?

59 minutes ago, GB20 said:

Hey guys got some good news on my end, shortly after I got my defender I started looking for tires  The tires I wanted that were backorder for about 3 months just showed up! I just got them mounted on my stock rims. Took it for a 4-5 mile ride around town and no more rattle!! Tomorrow I'll get some more miles in it & update you all. Has anyone else changed tires and still have the rattle..vibe?

It may have been that the wheel had not been seated well on the hub. (Tightened before centered on lugs... ) My wheels now will do that if I'm not careful. They are setup for larger lugs... Which I may end up drilling hubs for the larger lugs and balance the wheels/tires.... 

Whatever your issue WAS..... Great to hear IT'S FIXED!!! YAY!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

😉

Joe

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  914
  • Content Count:  1

hey guys new here.  i have a 2019 defender hd8.  i have developed a vibration in the front end when slowing down to come to a stop.  it does it without my foot on the brakes.  it happens around 10mph and continues till i come to a stop. it does not do it while accelerating.  i have lifted it up, had all four off the ground and cannot find what is causing it.  i have around 1200 miles on it.  mostly all road miles.  not much off road.  it has not been used for playing just around the farm for working, and driving around town.  any ideas.  i don't want to take it to the shop.  i like to try to fix problems myself.  any ideas or info would be greatly appriciated

• 4 months later...

• Member ID:  1,129
  • Content Count:  1

Hey all I have a 2021 commander max with the same issue.  Took it to the dealer yesterday who said they were informed by can-am of a technical servce bulletin that involves the front cv shafts that have to be modified by drilling and bolting to ensure they are tight and to prevent vibration.  Havent got it back yet but hope it does the trick.

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  1,154
  • Content Count:  15

I have a 2021 defender max hd10 with 250 miles on on it. Same issue as everyone is saying that annoying rattling while slowing down. I also have that growling noise while turning the wheel left all the way. 
Other than that we love the machine. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,154
  • Content Count:  15

On 7/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, Aketch22 said:

Hey all I have a 2021 commander max with the same issue.  Took it to the dealer yesterday who said they were informed by can-am of a technical servce bulletin that involves the front cv shafts that have to be modified by drilling and bolting to ensure they are tight and to prevent vibration.  Havent got it back yet but hope it does the trick.

Did the dealer fix this issue??