Full doors

Phillip

• Member ID:  428
  • Content Count:  24

Thinking about putting full doors on my 2020 Lonestar.  Looking at the factory brp vs super atv.  Any real experience from anyone?  I like brp because you can roll down windows but the super atv being 360 view for riding.  The full doors would only be on for winter riding so I guess that's not a huge concern.  Any thought appreciated.

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

I sure love my OEM doors with power windows. Having them able to crack just a little.... to full down is VERY NICE!! I can also raise it enough my hound dogs can sit there with just their heads out... Not a fan of sliders on doors because you really only get 1/2 a window.. One thing I almost forgot... the OEM doors upper bolts align perfectly with the LEDs I mounted on them. But owning many soft top jeeps..... SOFT DOORS weren't an option for my winter cruiser!! BRRR.....

• Like 1

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

In Canada those oem can am doors with power windows are almost 6 grand for my reg hd10 xt 2 dr. That’s just crazy in my opinion. I could prob replace my truck doors for that price plus they also have power windows and speakers. I am also looking at full doors but not for that price. I’m thinking of getting the hard half doors and building my own uppers for it. The oem half doors frame actually goes up to the top hinge location so I’m thinking should be not to bad. I’m going to use glass from Madison square gardens I got from my buddy. He works for a company that does all the glass and boards for arenas all over. 

• Like 2

Well DAMN!!! At 6k... Maybe I'll throw in my battery impact driver and a 30t and start a side business selling USED doors... 3500..... but yer gonna need keys..... 😉

JUST KIDDING GUYS!!!!!! 

Well, SORTA....

But seriously thinking about TACKING one bolt for SECURITY!!!!

• Member ID:  70
  • Content Count:  80

6 hours ago, A hunt 2 remember said:

Well DAMN!!! At 6k... Maybe I'll throw in my battery impact driver and a 30t and start a side business selling USED doors... 3500..... but yer gonna need keys..... 😉

JUST KIDDING GUYS!!!!!! 

Well, SORTA....

But seriously thinking about TACKING one bolt for SECURITY!!!!

😂🤣😂

• Member ID:  70
  • Content Count:  80

AH2R: Would like to see your lights, for that matter your entire set up. Do you always run with doors on? What state are you in? Does your CAB heat up?

FWIW I do like my OEM doors. However I think about taking them off in the summer months. I did have them off for a week or so In late April but since we had a cold spring I put them back on. I wanted a cooler and quieter cab. My ‘18 CAB model seems to warm up quick. Does better with the slider open and front glass in the first position. All the way open is the ticket till you get behind someone or into a mess of bugs... As for sound it’s quieter with the front glass fully open. 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Mikep123456 said:

AH2R: Would like to see your lights, for that matter your entire set up. Do you always run with doors on? What state are you in? Does your CAB heat up?

FWIW I do like my OEM doors. However I think about taking them off in the summer months. I did have them off for a week or so In late April but since we had a cold spring I put them back on. I wanted a cooler and quieter cab. My ‘18 CAB model seems to warm up quick. Does better with the slider open and front glass in the first position. All the way open is the ticket till you get behind someone or into a mess of bugs... As for sound it’s quieter with the front glass fully open. 

Thanks 

Well.... I can definitely get more pictures up... but in the meantime, I'm in NW Oregon. Atleast for now... But even in the Summer month... lol... months, it's not that bad in my cab after my closed cell foam insulation 2 layers and thin horse mat as a sound/heat shield on the rear firewall. Double foam on the roof (that also helps with the sound system 4×5" speakers+ 2 tweeters) and a single layer of thin horse mat that helps channel the muddy/snowy floorboards.... All of which is multi purpose.... heat/sound.... on my '19 the windshield is locked down... or SPRUNG up... One thing I've thought of doing is adding a lockable mode to it.... BUT I HATE THE DUST!!! So, in reality, I've SEALED UP most ALL access into the cab... (doubled my door seals, my window seals, roof gasket, you get the picture) Today actually while installing the turn signal kit (LOVE IT!!!) I found a HUGE ACCESS POINT!! My heater intake vent... (just in front of right door handle behind the body panel) Which will be getting a filter made out of pond filtet product I like to use as pre filters on my racekart, tractor, and other toys... As for those days when it does actually get TOO TOASTY in the cab (not very often) I find that with the windows down and the rear slider open, Bear vents pretty well. Sure.... it's not AC.... but from what im hearing.... AC ain't  AC either... DOH!!! 😉 

As for taking the doors off? My lights ligned up with the holes that bolted the outer skin to the frame. Again.... DUAL PURPOSE!!! side lights when the doors are closed. And added rear lights when the doors are open....  I can pretty much light up an entire 360° of area....  🙂 That's just one issue... Then my dome light door switches wouldn't work.... (well, actually they would.... because they tell me. I AM THAT GOOD!! I threeway wired it... and added a micro switch) plus the window motor wires and and the light wiring would need to be unplugged..... SCHWEW.... I'M SWEATING JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!! LOL... So, for a weekend or two... even a week or two.... Not worth it to me. 

A couple other things that come to mind while writing this... I have all three compartments under the seats that are full of gear that heat block that firewall off some.... I'm also going get a DIY truckbed liner and cover the the areas behind the front tires with it to help in ALL ASPECTS... Heat/sound/DUST!!!! 

Did I mention "I HATE DUST!!!" When I get done buttoning him up after the turn signal kit and a quick powerwash I'll post some closeup pictures... actually... here's one of the door light

20191024_064105.jpg

• Like 1

• Member ID:  232
  • Content Count:  50

I went with the OEM half doors and have not been disappointed. Partzilla was the cheapest I could find and they shipped free and we’re at my door in less than a week. Install was easy. They really help keep the dust out of the cab. I would have loved full doors but the cost was too much for me, and those super atv full poly doors seem like they will end up all scratched to shizz, IMO. The other half doors don’t look like thy seal up to the cab as well as the brp ones do.

I too have been thinking I could add a removable upper to the doors for the cooler months. A light removable frame could attach to the brp half door I think. The dust isn’t my favorite thing but it’s a UTV so I deal with it. I wouldn’t expect a homemade door to be real dust proof but it would probably help  

Off-road Armor is selling soft upper doors that you can add to the brp lower doors that might be ok but I’m skeptical.

https://offroadarmor.com/product/can-am-defender-max-upper-soft-doors-fit-oem-can-am-hard-half-doors/

And there is the convertible door being made by puddlebuster. Reviews seem mixed and they couldn’t give me an idea when they would have doors for the max. https://www.puddlebuster.com/product-page/puddle-busterconvertible-door I probably would have bought these had they been available.

So many door options  and they all cost some serious coin.

• Like 2

I have been looking at the puddlebusters also they seem pretty good but I’ve emailed them with no response about shipping to Canada. 

• Like 1

• Member ID:  428
  • Content Count:  24

On 6/22/2020 at 8:01 AM, Hkb82 said:

In Canada those oem can am doors with power windows are almost 6 grand for my reg hd10 xt 2 dr. That’s just crazy in my opinion. I could prob replace my truck doors for that price plus they also have power windows and speakers. I am also looking at full doors but not for that price. I’m thinking of getting the hard half doors and building my own uppers for it. The oem half doors frame actually goes up to the top hinge location so I’m thinking should be not to bad. I’m going to use glass from Madison square gardens I got from my buddy. He works for a company that does all the glass and boards for arenas all over. 

The brp doors are crazy expensive...

• 6 months later...

• Member ID:  682
  • Content Count:  2

On 6/22/2020 at 8:01 AM, Hkb82 said:

Hey!  Did you ever fabricate those doors?  I have a 2020 HD 10xt and bought the half doors.  I am having a buddy who is a welder fabricate a frame for the upper part of the doors and then having soft windows with zippers made.  Hoping that does the trick!

I’ll prob do the same with half doors and fab the uppers. 

• Member ID:  833
  • Content Count:  2

Anyone with experience with Alumilite doors?  I ordered a set with glass windows,hope they work as well as they say.

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  126

I went with the XT Cab in 2019 and (apart from a batch of bad window switches) have been VERY pleased with them.  -10F and as cozy as can be.  The Can Am heater will burn you out of the vehicle if you turn the knob anywhere right of the lowest fan setting.  Good stuff if you bundle it all in a new rig.  I plow - so doors, heat, defrost are a must.  -Mark

Edited by Mark in Colorado
  • Like 1

• Member ID:  630
  • Content Count:  6

I went with the Armor Tech full doors.  They are super sturdy and the seal closes tightly   The top window opens.  And best of all, they only cost about $1,400.  Also have an Inferno heater, and it keeps us super warm here in NH.