RAM mounts wireless charger

pmbaseball24

• Member ID:  298
  • Content Count:  107

I wanted to add a charger so I could leave my phone screen on constantly when navigating trails with the app I use. Ram mounts just released this wireless, waterproof mount so I went for it. Figured this beats stopping at every trail intersection to figure out where we are headed next. Having a charged phone isn’t a bad thing either. I’ll  include screen shots of the parts I used. Pretty easy install, took about an hour start to finish. Ram has a million different mounting plates and arms so the options are endless here. I decided to use the factory drilled hole on the roll cage instead of going into the dash plastic just for a little extra strength. I think these mounting holes may be for the door kit, so it might not be an option for the guys with cab models.

install was pretty straight forward. Drilled a hole in the storage compartment behind the dash, and drilled another hole right behind where the ball sticks out of the cage. Added 2 grommets for good measure and fished the wire through. Pulled the supplied 3’ usb extension cord into the usb charger in the compartment and it’s all done! There is a little push button switch that is tied into the wireless charger. This button is either always on or always off. It does not need to be pushed every time you start the machine up to turn the charger on. 

The bottom support piece is adjustable for different phone heights and to avoid hitting power and volume buttons on your phone. The X Grip is pretty awesome, super sturdy and definitely won’t let your phone go. It’s spring loaded so you pinch one side and set your phone in. The little rubber grippers are tapered so it can’t fall out forward. Really cool design.

All finished with my comfort mods for now. Steering wheel and charger. Going to take a few week break (maybe, haha) so my wife doesn’t kill me. 

682930CE-3AD0-48F1-9BBB-DCB921A0C0F0.jpeg

3B6D646E-6CC7-456A-9BBD-3B36186190AD.jpeg

0EDE537F-3566-42CD-A27C-7F45CEFD2BE0.jpeg

F1F049EB-CF2B-46B6-9880-7F47645B036B.jpeg

6C329691-0C02-4516-A023-285D2E43A6A4.jpeg

E1ABEE5C-FAF8-4B6E-9728-D7AD21E7ACF0.jpeg

79980C49-F903-4883-8E6D-AC52B850D5CC.jpeg

78850379-CEE6-4A38-AFB1-D8FFF895852E.jpeg

Edited by pmbaseball24
  • Thanks 1

• Member ID:  405
  • Content Count:  45

Looks great!!!. I have a RAM Mount in my Tundra to hold a Garmin GPS since the factory navigation isn't that great. Yes, there are endless possibilities with these mounts.

IMG_1765.jpeg

Thanks plumber!

• Member ID:  428
  • Content Count:  24

@pmbaseball24 that's sweet!  With your mounting location does it interfere with the cup holder?  I just checked and cant use this location anyway because I have the flip out glass WS and that's where the struts mount.  Either way sweet mod I'll be doing in another location!

Edited by Phillip

It does interfere if it’s a taller cup. I figured with the location of the mount, you either lose the cup holder or the flip up storage bin. A smaller mug or 12oz can still fits fine under it.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

I built a cover for my center drop in the dash and installed a full sized car stereo (w/BT for hands free calling) there, as well as mounted a garmin marine mount for my Montana's to the top of it. I made it tall enough that it still has some storage below... where I slide my phone and other items. On that deck I've also added an outside weather station receiver that reads the sending unit mounted above my rear slider... (reads off a bit when running due to engine heat) I like this because it has two receivers and the main stays in "The Den" (Bears toy hauler) so on the mornings we have an outdoor temp... WORKS GREAT FOR THAT!! 

Maybe someday I will put everything I've done on the "builds" page.... Because today was ANOTHER MOD DAY... 😉 Installed a SuperATV deluxe P&P signal kit... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Easy to install and works FLAWLESSLY... 

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

6 hours ago, A hunt 2 remember said:

Maybe someday I will put everything I've done on the "builds" page.... Because today was ANOTHER MOD DAY... 😉 Installed a SuperATV deluxe P&P signal kit... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Easy to install and works FLAWLESSLY... 

Would have been a great build page had you have done it from the start as you got that thing modded like a mother. Going to take some screen time now and maybe with less detailed pics of things apart unless you got pics as you were building it. 
 Get on it hunt I’d love to follow it. Your on all the time anyways. lol

Oh I've got pictures. Here's a couple of the isolator mod.... that BRP said couldnt be installed in my heated cab.... UMMM... SORRY.... I did it.... as well as a host of other things.... Thinking one of the best was the door switches.... I hated not having the dome light come on when the doors open... That was EASY.... Making the light come on while the doors were closed was a little trickier.... BUT... A micro switch added to the light took care of that... 😉 

20191018_085454.jpg

20191018_085613.jpg

20191123_101753.jpg

1 hour ago, Hkb82 said:

Would have been a great build page had you have done it from the start as you got that thing modded like a mother. Going to take some screen time now and maybe with less detailed pics of things apart unless you got pics as you were building it. 
 Get on it hunt I’d love to follow it. Your on all the time anyways. lol

Maybe some videos on my youtube page? Hmmm..... you've got me thinking now.... 😉