Newbie in Arizona

JimmyJames

• Member ID:  96
  • Content Count:  7

I have been checking out your forum for about a year now, when we bought our 2019 Defender Max Lone Star Edition, and I have read a lot of great information that has been helpful. I am in my 50s and have been off-roading (CJ5 & 7) since I was 21 in the Colorado Rocky Mountains and Utah. My wife and I go to Wyoming every year and I usually borrow my father-in-law's Pinzgauer, awesome machine. We live have lived in the Phoenix greater area for more than 20 years and recently moved near the Superstition Mountains and love going out into the desert. We bought our Defender to mostly 4x4 in the desert and the Wyoming Rocky Mountains.  I am starting to add accessories and making her our own unique machine. Now, I am starting to have questions that I would be helpful to have discussions with others. I am looking forward to talking with you all soon.

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Hi Jimmy welcome to the forum, we may not have all the answers but we try and find as many as we can, good luck with your Defender.🙂

• Like 1

• Member ID:  214
  • Content Count:  297

Welcome JimmyJames!  Sounds like you have some great terrain/trails to enjoy!

CG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

On 5/1/2020 at 2:24 PM, Andystoy19 said:

Hi Jimmy welcome to the forum, we may not have all the answers but we try and find as many as we can, good luck with your Defender.🙂

I second that!!! WELCOME!!! I too know about making your rig (mine is Bear. He is a 19 xt cab) your own... As for Accessories/Modifications how deep do you wanna go??? Lol. At this point, Bear is definitely one of a kind. The wood rack is a mock up of an aluminum rack that I will be making for him. With expanded aluminum on the sides and front headache bars for bolt on storage of snow plates and shovel/pick.. as well as fuel cells. Plan on making it with removable rear doors that can keep the lab secure...  although it's fire season and it may have to wait a bit. Luckily I got the rear winch mounted, which was my original task... as you can see, I've added a few things.... So again I ask, How deep do you wanna go? 

Most of all..... HAVE FUN!!! AND BE SAFE!!!

20200705_161814.jpg

20200704_171418.jpg