New Defender Owner

Okie556

• Member ID:  364
  • Content Count:  36

Just traded in my 2018 General G2 for a 2020 HD 10 XT-P. Loving it so far and the wife us happy now that we can talk to each other and be heard over the engine noise. I had dealer install the automotive glass tip out front windshield and now looking for a rear windshield. Plenty out there to choose from but I am concerned with hauling the Defender on an open trailer with a full rear windshield. So far I haven't been able to find one that folds down and do not want to remove every time I haul it. Any suggestions? 

• Like 1

• Member ID:  330
  • Content Count:  123

if you have the front windshield installed I don't think it makes a difference in the rear windshield.  I installed the Super ATV plexiglass rear window just because that was the only "hard" window I could find that fit the Xmr and that trailered just fine at freeway speeds.  

4 hours ago, RossO said:

if you have the front windshield installed I don't think it makes a difference in the rear windshield.  I installed the Super ATV plexiglass rear window just because that was the only "hard" window I could find that fit the Xmr and that trailered just fine at freeway speeds.  

That's what I was hoping to hear. I full glass front is curved pretty good and should keep a lot of air just going over the top.

• Member ID:  12
  • Content Count:  65

I’ve got a 2019 hunting edition with front glass window and rear glass window, so far I’ve towed it a couple hundred miles on an open trailer and have had no issues with the rear window, I’ve got no doors what so ever either

13 hours ago, Mossyoak said:

I’ve got a 2019 hunting edition with front glass window and rear glass window, so far I’ve towed it a couple hundred miles on an open trailer and have had no issues with the rear window, I’ve got no doors what so ever either

Thank you sir. I don't have any doors either and it will be a while before I order them. I am going ahead and order a rear window and give it a try.

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

First off.... Welcome to the forum!! I haul mine open trailer... over 2500 miles... no issues.. Full OEM cab... 2019 HD10 (heated EVERYTHING, stereo,gps....) picked it up last October late and have over 1000 miles on it... LOVING IT!!! Don't see an issue with a front windshield to block for it.... And CONGRATS on the best rig out there!!!

1 hour ago, A hunt 2 remember said:

First off.... Welcome to the forum!! I haul mine open trailer... over 2500 miles... no issues.. Full OEM cab... 2019 HD10 (heated EVERYTHING, stereo,gps....) picked it up last October late and have over 1000 miles on it... LOVING IT!!! Don't see an issue with a front windshield to block for it.... And CONGRATS on the best rig out there!!!

Thank you sir!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 3:19 PM, A hunt 2 remember said:

Thank you sir!

Just ordered rear windshield from Super ATV.com, with light tint. Will post how it works after receiving and installing.

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

20 hours ago, Okie556 said:

Just ordered rear windshield from Super ATV.com, with light tint. Will post how it works after receiving and installing.

AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see!!

• Like 1

• Member ID:  362
  • Content Count:  21

I put the hardcoat fixed windshield on and then the mesh in the back, so no problem for towing if it is facing into the wind. I didn't want a solid rear window so I went that way.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:02 PM, A hunt 2 remember said:

AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see!!

Got it in and on but covered it back up after riding and forgot to take a picture. Instructions were about useless and hardest part was getting the rubber strip around the edge of the entire glass. Fit was good and towed at 70 mph with no issue. Of course I do have the full automotive glass  front windshield. 

• Like 1

A hunt 2. The rear window is solid. Ordered from Amazon but was shipped direct to me from Super ATV.

• Like 1