Retro kit for 850 amp stator for 2019 HD10?

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

So I'm wondering if there is any news of the  850 amp stator in the 2020 HD10's possibly fitting the 2019??? While I think I have gotten my accessory rotation figured out so as not to drain my dual battery setup. But it sure would be nice to run with the OEM headlights on... 😉

But since my rancher OEM BULL BUMPER blocks more than half the light anyway, I just use the 2x8" LEDs mounted on the bumper and the 2x8"+1x22" LED bars on the top that in total draw just 2 extra amps than the stockers. The 8" bars on the roof are pointed at about a 40* angle off the A- pillars. The uppers are switched separately than the bumper lights so they can be shut off when following or passing oncoming traffic. Anyway..... with the heater going, the seats,wheel, and grab bar going as well as the lights and stereo...... 550??? MAXED OUT!!!! I would hate to have to use the winch.... 

• 4 months later...

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

What did you run for the second batt? I’m just curious as i want to add a second also. 

2 hours ago, Hkb82 said:

What did you run for the second batt? I’m just curious as i want to add a second also. 

To tell you the truth... TOO MUCH!!! I was NEW... What I would do now.... get an RV/deep cell group 24 and a tray for it and place it under the bed behind the driver.... get an electrical relay switch from amazon... or wherever really... and hook it up that way... Plenty of room for a real battery...  Then hook up a fuse block from that battery...WAY CHEAPER!! As far as it goes.... probably easier and less HEADACHES than installing the OEM setup...

Oops... "you".... NOT "it".... I got sucked into the OEM kit.... But as stated above..... Not what I would do today....

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  305
  • Content Count:  24

Can anyone provide an update to this? I’m looking for ways to increase power coming from stator. I‘m throwing codes when the machine is locked up in 4x4 and audio is playing. Not enough power from stator dealer tells me 

21 minutes ago, RangerBob316 said:

Can anyone provide an update to this? I’m looking for ways to increase power coming from stator. I‘m throwing codes when the machine is locked up in 4x4 and audio is playing. Not enough power from stator dealer tells me 

Well.... I never threw codes... but my stereo would blink in and out... But my LOAD is a bit MORE than others.... what I found was the BIGGEST THIEF!!! OF AMPERAGE was the OEM lights.... Do you by chance have an Auxiliary battery with electronic isolator switch? If no.... maybe installing one and wiring the stereo to it would help you out... Dont fall for the OEM battery.... Plenty of room under the bed behind the driver for a group 24....  (I got sucked in) Then.... wire up your own hot lug panel to hook your accessories to. I can run with heat on... (seats and wheel/grab bar also) my stereo going... as well as my forward facing LED's.... while hitting the side lights periodically....  54" in total facing forward and 14" on each door... And no longer STUMBLE...

Hope this helps....

Talking with my local CanAm dealer about becoming their CUSTOM customer service guy... As well as building some CUSTOM rigs for them to showcase/sell.... Do I see a DISCOUNT COMING??? But even BETTER.... A real manual and ACCESS to the CanAm BAT PHONE!!! I'll keep you all posted!! Maybe THEN.... I will be able to actually answer the rotar/stator question. But for now.... I'm pretty sure you can work around the issue... FIRST OFF.... ROUND FILE THE OEM GARBAGE LIGHTING!!! I only use mine in town to help people see me. Other than that.... ALL LED's

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  405
  • Content Count:  45

On 6/6/2020 at 5:45 PM, A hunt 2 remember said:

Talking with my local CanAm dealer about becoming their CUSTOM customer service guy... As well as building some CUSTOM rigs for them to showcase/sell.... Do I see a DISCOUNT COMING??? But even BETTER.... A real manual and ACCESS to the CanAm BAT PHONE!!! I'll keep you all posted!! Maybe THEN.... I will be able to actually answer the rotar/stator question. But for now.... I'm pretty sure you can work around the issue... FIRST OFF.... ROUND FILE THE OEM GARBAGE LIGHTING!!! I only use mine in town to help people see me. Other than that.... ALL LED's

Can the OEM headlight bulbs be replaced with aftermarket LEDs?

• Like 1

• Member ID:  338
  • Content Count:  265

On 9/1/2020 at 2:07 PM, plumber802 said:

Can the OEM headlight bulbs be replaced with aftermarket LEDs?

I installed Beamtech LED bulbs in the stock location for both Low and High Beams. Work just fine.

• Like 1