2020 can am 6x6 defender

AK-CAN

• Member ID:  292
  • Content Count:  1

RECENTLY PURCHASED THIS MODEL AND HAVE NO LUCK IN LOCATING INFO ON THE CHANGES IN DOOR SIZE ROUGH OEPENINGS.  THAT IS :  ARE THE 2019 

CAN AM DEFENDER 2 DOOR  ROUGH OPENINGS  THE SAME ?

DOOR MANUFACTURING CO'S ON LINE DO NOT KNOW . THEY HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET A MODEL FOR MEASUREMENTS .

THKS IN ADVANCE 

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

I would start looking for the info on the Can am site, they have an accessory catalogue for the Defender series. If you can find the part numbers that should confirm whether they are the same? I suspect that the door openings will be the same but have not looked into it myself. The 6x6 looks like the same machine up front with an addition to the frame and box etc. at the back????🤔

• Member ID:  39
  • Content Count:  54

Yes the 6x6 is a 2020 3 seater with an extra frame box bolted to the existing frame (original hitch is even still located in between to two frames) ..... any 2 door defender 2020 doors will fit and most likely 2016-2019 will fit as well but dont quote me exactly with the later years... but 2020 doors will bolt right on 👌

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  356
  • Content Count:  2

Ordered a new 2020 6x6 in camo about a month ago and will have it ready to pick up when I return home in late April or early May. Got the Premium Heated cab, Winch, Skid plate, Fender flares, Rancher front  and rear bumpers as well as Light bar, Skid plate and Headache rack, along with a Bed tool box plus a few more accessories. Looking forward to having it for this upcoming bear season and will give you an update on the abilities, which I will be putting to the test in the Northern Alberta mud and muskeg during the Spring bear season in May. All the Can Am reps I have talked with say this machine is going to be a beast. Looking forward to seeing what its capabilities truly are! 

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

4 minutes ago, Uncle Bud said:

Ordered a new 2020 6x6 in camo about a month ago and will have it ready to pick up when I return home in late April or early May. Got the Premium Heated cab, Winch, Skid plate, Fender flares, Rancher front  and rear bumpers as well as Light bar, Skid plate and Headache rack, along with a Bed tool box plus a few more accessories. Looking forward to having it for this upcoming bear season and will give you an update on the abilities, which I will be putting to the test in the Northern Alberta mud and muskeg during the Spring bear season in May. All the Can Am reps I have talked with say this machine is going to be a beast. Looking forward to seeing what its capabilities truly are! 

YOU WILL BE HAPPY!!! I have a 2019 Defender cab. With heat and power windows. I've added all sorts of accessories as well. But where my 19 lacks, your 20 has an UPGRADED rotor/stator set that puts out 850 amps vs. the 550 in the 19... I have to do a little power management or I start losing power. Best fix.... S-can the OEM light and go with LEDs....  A couple other things I did was add door switches so the dome light comes on when doors open. Then had to add a mini switch so it could be live while doors are closed. I also got some 1/2" foam and covered the rear wall of the cab. (Two layers) as well as a thin rubber door mat 3'x5' cut to be a floor mat. It helps keep the heat in, as well as noise out. I also got some sticky door insulation and ran another bead around the doors and window seals as well as other small gaps between frame and body parts.... WAY HAPPY NOW!!! I bought it in late September and I've already got over 1010 miles on him with 149 hours. Only issue I had was a faulty passenger window switch. ENJOY YER NEW TOY!!!

20191209_143714.jpg

20191123_101753.jpg

20191025_144128.jpg

20191128_130122.jpg

• Member ID:  356
  • Content Count:  2

Reply to A Hunt To Remember,

Thanks for the feedback! Nice looking rig! I'll post some pics once I get the new unit, including pre, present and post hunt. Looking forward to getting out in the mud to see what it will be capable of. My dealer said they have sold half a dozen 6x6's to a survey company in the region I hunt in that are raving about how they are currently working. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  395
  • Content Count:  1

Hi guys...I've ordered the 2020 Defender 6x6 as well...heated deluxe cab package and all.  I'll be using it for video production deep in the backwoods of Alaska.  One thing I'd love to know, is, has anyone used one long enough to determine how many miles it can get on a gallon of gas?  I know it will very depending on type of terrain, so let's ignore mud bogging and just stick to solid but hilly terrain for calculating economy.  

• Like 1