Superwinch remote Control

Andystoy19

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

The 2019 Defender XT Cab no longer includes the winch remote control as a package. There are two part numbers (Superwinch) 710004887 in the accessory catalogue and the 710007050 as an updated part number. The good news is the 050 number is about $10 cheaper than the 887 number. They look almost identical and either will plug in on the top left under the front hood. The round 1" with the plastic cap is the female connector.

Many owners will rarely if ever use their winch but if you are a cutline rider like I am it will come in handy in at least two occasions:

1) When respooling line after winching or spooling on new line you can guide the line onto the winch drum with one hand and control the winch with the other.

2) You can't see the winch when in the cab so if you are by yourself its possible to pile up the line on one side of the drum and damage it, with the remote you can respool if necessary during the pull to prevent this. FYI😉

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  285
  • Content Count:  2

Purchased a 2020 XMR, it came with the Superwinch . I asked the dealership how the Superwinch is compared to the Warn, there response was they have had few problems with the Superwinch.

But we could not find the remote plug in for the Superwinch. It’s not under the hood like the 2019 models.

Does anyone have an update on this?

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

The superwinch and several other brand names including Warn are probably made in China or a nearby country so reliability will be similar.

I called the dealer and the salesman thought the remote  plug was under the hood but didn't have one inside to make sure. Did you see a round plastic plug in the top left if yes pull the cap off to expose the female end.

Enjoy the new machine. 😉

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  354
  • Content Count:  1

On 12/4/2019 at 7:31 AM, KB2020XMR said:

Purchased a 2020 XMR, it came with the Superwinch . I asked the dealership how the Superwinch is compared to the Warn, there response was they have had few problems with the Superwinch.

But we could not find the remote plug in for the Superwinch. It’s not under the hood like the 2019 models.

Does anyone have an update on this?

Did you ever find out if your machine had a plug for the wired remote? I have looked all over for one on my 2020 HD10 XT. Is there another wire harness that I need to purchase for the plug? I haven't found any photos or info. that helps.

• 5 months later...

• Member ID:  602
  • Content Count:  19

Just bought a 2020 HD10 XT and dealer said there is no longer a connector for the remote. I just ordered a cheap wireless remote winch controller with two remotes off of Amazon for ~$16 and will wire it into the contractor under the hood. 

Edited by Highly Cool

• 11 months later...

• Member ID:  1,156
  • Content Count:  11

For some reason (I guess to keep it our of the way when not in use) the factory plugs the winch remote connector (SWWRC) into the empty socket labeled PF7 on the firewall area under the hood.  Just unplug it from PF7and plug in the remote connector. 

The connector is hard to locate because it looks like a connection that should be there and there is no label and the splice into the control wire harness is hidden behind the firewall.