Rear View Mirrors

Outlaw

• Member ID:  193
  • Content Count:  31

Has anyone installed either stock can am side rear view mirrors or dragon fire rear view mirrors? I have a 2018 Can Am XT Defender HD10. Im researching different options on available mirrors that install with a windshield and would like input on what others have done and how they like the mirrors they have chosen.

• Member ID:  102
  • Content Count:  51

I bought mine off Amazon for like $30 and it’s just as good as the can am one! I installed it upside down though so it would sit tight to the roof. 

Thanks ROK, are you talking the center rear view mirror or exterior side rear view mirrors? Im looking for exterior mirrors that fit on the outside of both driver and passenger sides.

• Member ID:  102
  • Content Count:  51

13 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Thanks ROK, are you talking the center rear view mirror or exterior side rear view mirrors? Im looking for exterior mirrors that fit on the outside of both driver and passenger sides.

Oh sorry I read that wrong then yes I’m talking about the middle rear view mirror. Seizmik are great I don’t have them personally but my buddies do and they love them a little pricey but they will replace them if you destroy them somehow! 

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

I installed the factory BRP side mirrors on the cab model, pricey but they have a swivel in case they contact a branch etc. I used the outside mirrors because I have the Canam headache rack and if anything is secured to it you will not see much with a center inside mirror? FYI 2019 Defender XT HD 10 Cab lift and 30" tires

Man they are proud of their stuff. I actually liked the looks of the dragon fires but its hard when you can not compare them side by side. The BRP makes nice stuff. I may just go ahead and get one now and one later due the cost. I dont have a headache but I did build a dog kennel. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  218
  • Content Count:  4

I installed the factory interior mirror.   On the exterior I adapted a set of cheap mirrors intended for a Club Car golf cart, since the universal mirrors don't seem to fit.  $99 each for factory side mirrors is a bit much.  I whish the aftermarket would offer something designed for the defender at a better price, but there are none that I could find.

I ended up going with the after market. Lighter duty but guaranteed for life and a perfect fit. 

Edited by Outlaw