New MTX sound bar Help wiring

• Member ID:  87
  • Content Count:  33

As the title states, I just installed an MTX sound bar but haven't yet wired it in. I do a lot of things but when it comes to electrical, 12v or not, I'm a complete idiot.  Not ashamed of admitting that.  

Where do I connect the wires.  Is there a block somewhere I need to connect to?

Has someone done this and can direct me where I should run the wires.

I do know that it has to be connected to the ignition circuit so it has no power when the ignition is off.  

ANY HELP, video links, pictures, written instructions or other advice is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  87
  • Content Count:  33

On 7/22/2019 at 12:56 PM, ChadP said:

As part of my purchase I got half doors, which are being installed today.  While I was there, they had a flip windshield in stock.  I decided to take the chance.  I hope the rear windscreen comes in before Friday as my wife is taking it to the woods for a week (while I get the pleasure of working)  Also,  tires are going to be ordered today at lunch.  Maxxis carnivore or rampage depending on availability. 

Bueler, Bueler...?

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  183
  • Content Count:  14

The rampages went on last night

• Member ID:  102
  • Content Count:  51

On 7/20/2019 at 11:11 PM, Justjimmy said:

As the title states, I just installed an MTX sound bar but haven't yet wired it in. I do a lot of things but when it comes to electrical, 12v or not, I'm a complete idiot.  Not ashamed of admitting that.  

Where do I connect the wires.  Is there a block somewhere I need to connect to?

Has someone done this and can direct me where I should run the wires.

I do know that it has to be connected to the ignition circuit so it has no power when the ignition is off.  

ANY HELP, video links, pictures, written instructions or other advice is greatly appreciated.

Wish I could help ya but I’m in the same boat was hoping somebody would give their knowledge about this 

• Member ID:  20
  • Content Count:  100

Jimmy,

There are a few ways to do it.  I bought and installed a fuse block in the back seat battery compartment.  Then run from the battery to the fuse block and you will have multiple spots to connect and install fused circuits to your accessories.  Also install a relay in between your fuse connection and each electronic device. If you want a switch on the device install a switch in the dash and power the switch from the under dash buss bar and it will only come on when the key is on.  If you don't want a switch but only want power when key is on then run a wire from the front under dash buss bar to the connection on the relay in the back.(pull up floor panels on passenger side to run wires)  I have posted all the diagrams and photos in the past in some previous posting.  It's pretty simple once you do one.  Hardest part is running the wires up the rollcage into the ceiling.  Can get the fuse block and relays on amazon or at auto parts store.  Below is a photo of front under dash connection.  Under the black cap(labeled GEP)fuses and relays.pdf in the bottom right of photo is where you connect your "key on" power.  Use a light tester or multi meter to verify power only with switch on as I remember that maybe there is a terminal in there that's always hot. IMG_20190113_115323872.thumb.jpg.9eab93c0e3eec6fe4e2b5e79f66a41b3.jpg

Canam Light Wiring Diagram.pdf relay.pdf

• Like 1

• Member ID:  20
  • Content Count:  100

Attached is what the back battery compartment looks like.  Forgot to attach to previous post

fuses and relays.pdf

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

• Member ID:  413
  • Content Count:  1

Hey Mark, I am confused on what each terminal number stands for