Best Engine Size to buy for my area? (Georgia’s Mountains)

CSB

• Member ID:  181
  • Content Count:  1

Trying to decide which engine is best for my area and use.  Will be using around the pasture which is gently rolling and up to the back property on a Forrest’s trail, which is fairly steep in places.  Want to keep costs down as much as I can, but also want adequate power when I need it.  Can any of you comment?  Thanks in advance.

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

That is a tough question, my suggestion is to test drive the 800 and 1000 and even the smaller one if you can. The 800 and 1000 both have Hi and Low range so both should be able to navigate the steeper places, the only difference will be the speed at which they do and the 1000 will be slightly snappier and quicker? 

If you are not planning to pull anything up the steeper places the 800 should be fine? IMO:classic_smile:

• Member ID:  39
  • Content Count:  54

If ur not lookin to stay in a stick budget ... I would suggest the 1000cc ... it's the only option of the 3 engine sizes that can never leave u saying or thinking  "I wish I woulda bought the bigger motor" ... ha ha just saying I couldn't be happier with my hd10 ... and also u could look at it like this the 500, 800, and 1000 can all go the same places and do the same work generally speaking but the 500 and 800 are gonna be working way harder the do the same thing ... old saying goes "no replacement for displacement "

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  211
  • Content Count:  2

if you plan on hauling any type of payload as in passenger, gear as in dogs/wood/coolers n such. i would definitely get the HD10,  or you might be lugging the engine significantly or  you would have to be in low range often.   owners manuel states any payload over 500lbs to use low range.  Iv'e had close to 800 lbs in mine with no issues in high range.  (HD10)