2019 HD10 Cab model - axle problems

Hutch2022

Question

• Member ID:  1,417
  • Content Count:  10

I have a 2019 canam HD10 cab model with a 3" catvos suspension lift and spring upgrade.  Has 32 in Maxxis carnivore tires, rhino 2.0 axles in the rear and gorilla axles in the front.  I had alot of problems with axle boots when i first got it and carried it to the Catvos shop in Shreveport to get fixed. I bought it with Turner axles in the rear and boots constantly busted on them.  The advice from the Catvos folks was to replace with rhino axles.  Rhino did ok for a short period (couple months) but now I am on my 3rd warrantied axle on the driver side rear and expect it to not last very long either.  The advice from the Catvos shop was to replace the rhino axles with Cobra axles now.  I am at my wits end with this thing and just want it to run without axle issues.  I am almost to the point to go back stock and put smaller tires back on it if it would relieve all of these issues.  

Does anyone have experience with cobra axles or any other brand that works well and lasts?  Also, the failures on the rhino axles are just that they come apart....basically just pop out of the inner cup on the rear and its only the driver side rear.  Any advice would be appreciated!

canam.jpg

3 answers to this question

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Check out my build in the garage section. I am not a high miler but I have 30" and no problems with stock front axles after I broke front both stock ones on my first trip.(as far as I know Turner and Gorilla are the only two who build HD axles for the front).

I bought Rhino 2.0 for the rear but have not put them in service yet as the stock ones are fine so far. Mine were made in China.

Since Calvos don't appear to be any help you might consider taking their lift out. It may be worth a call to Turner and Gorilla and see what they suggest before removing the lift; they may offer a warranty or a solution. The picture looks like you have very high angles at the CV joints? FWIW🤔

• Member ID:  1,417
  • Content Count:  10

Thanks for the reply.  I called Turner earlier and they mentioned that they have seen issues with the catvos lifts.  I am to the point where i think im gonna take the lift off.  I've had nothing but problems but don't want to get something else that is going to cause more axle issues.  I am considering going down to 30" tires and just the amount of lift needed to accomdate those.  That should improve my angles and hopefully my axle issues go away.

What lift would you suggest?  I"ll check out your build as well! thanks!

• Member ID:  1,180
  • Content Count:  18

King Cobras  level 2s are beast, I ran them in my og maverick, and my old commander on 40s, no one else could make an alxe to hang out, only issues I ever had with cobras and most of the other top of the line axles, are the soft rubber boots eat themselves with harsh axle angle and high speed riding, and from the looks you have a pretty step axle angle. The factory axles and rhinos uses tpe boots, which hold up well, where the others use rubber in order to achieve the high articulating of their axles.