Oil Brand

Dennis68

• Member ID:  2,174
  • Content Count:  49

What brand of oil is everyone using in the 2023 Defender Limited Max HD10. I have seen some kits that makes it easy to order, just wondering what is the best option, not the most convenient or cheapest option. Thx in advance for the feedback.

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

As long as you are on warranty I would recommend that you use the BRP oil and filter after that use what ever product you think meets the manufacturers spec and your budget, there is never a concensus on oil brand or filter.😉

Thx, yea I even bought the extended warranty so prolly be wise to use the BRP oil and filter. Appreciate the reply.

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Content Count:  146

i hve used the brp oil in my stuff since 2019.  now that i have a curtis valve on the x3, i do not plan to buy that kit anymore as i do not need the crush washers and the prices have went pretty high for 4 quarts of oil and a filter.  i bought a bunch of BRP filters in bulk for both and will be running mobil one, amsoil, or something else synthetic in them.  as long as it is the right weight and full synthetic, it will be good to change once a season in my opinion.  I dont drive them hard, dont put thousands of miles on a year, and dont go through a lot of water.  we run 5k miles in our cars with synthetic running higher rpms all the time, these engines dont see that much abuse, or at least mine dont.  1k over a summer and the oil still comes out yellow sometimes.  LOL

steve

• Like 1

What weight oil do you run in the defender. Thanks for the previous reply, appreciate it.

i use 10w50 in both machines.  The curtis valve you posted is for the airplane rotax engines.  that would probably be different than what i am running, judging by the pic, it is for sure different.  I am not aware of anything developed for the v twin engines, only the 900ace engine to this point.

steve

• Like 1

Right on, thank you for the clarification. That's what happens when you google stuff. Thank's again.

no problem. the curtis valve is slick, just doesnt have many off road applications yet.  

steve

Not sure why they wouldn't either. Last two lawn mowers I have bought have had them installed from the factory. You're right about them being slick. Have a good day.