2023 Defender windshield and rear window advice

Coolcraigster26

• Member ID:  2,101
  • Content Count:  14

First of all I’m new here and this is my first post. Just purchased a defender max Lonestar. Looking to add a windshield. I like staying with OEM stuff because it always seems higher quality and usually seems to fit better. I’m looking the OEM glass tip out windshield. Can’t believe it’s $1500 but it is what it is I guess. I live in south Texas so it’s usually warmer weather and will usually keep the windshield in the up position unless it’s cold, raining or transporting on my trailer. Mainly use it for riding the family around the neighborhood and hunting. I have already installed an Audioformz level 2 roof and Can Am rear view mirror. I see a lot of people say if you have a front windshield you also need a back window to reduce dust swirling back into the cab. Im leaning toward the OEM glass for the back window also. I’ve always had ATV’s and this is my first SxS so I have no experience with any of it. Any advice? Thanks

• Member ID:  330
  • Content Count:  123

In my experience I would never go without a glass windshield.  It is a huge expense up front, but its worth it to me in Minnesota since I'm driving in generally cooler temps and I rarely have it all the way open, so, having a nice clean, un-scratched windshield is more important to me.  That might not be the case in your area since you will mostly be driving with it all the way open, I'm assuming...  Another benefit is having a windshield wiper with the glass OEM windshield.

You will need a rear windshield if you install a front windshield because dust will swirl and you will get quite a bit more dust without it.

Hope this helped. 

• Member ID:  2,101
  • Content Count:  14

1 hour ago, RossO said:

In my experience I would never go without a glass windshield.  It is a huge expense up front, but its worth it to me in Minnesota since I'm driving in generally cooler temps and I rarely have it all the way open, so, having a nice clean, un-scratched windshield is more important to me.  That might not be the case in your area since you will mostly be driving with it all the way open, I'm assuming...  Another benefit is having a windshield wiper with the glass OEM windshield.

You will need a rear windshield if you install a front windshield because dust will swirl and you will get quite a bit more dust without it.

Hope this helped. 

Should I do glass on the rear also or poly?

• Member ID:  330
  • Content Count:  123

I have a poly one from Super ATV that works just fine.  It gets scratched over time and harder to see out of and I've heard the glass will cut down on cab noise a little more than the poly, but other than that, there is really no difference