defender xmr antifreeze smell while driving.

huck

Question

• Member ID:  903
  • Content Count:  1

My 2019 Defender xmr had an antifreeze leak .Seems the clamps they use are compression not the ones you can tighten with a screwdriver. Dealership tightened clamps and now no visible leaks, but every time I take it out for a scoot I get antifreeze smell in cab.( I have a full cab). Anyone else have this issue?

2 answers to this question

• Member ID:  759
  • Content Count:  107

Maybe pull the floor board cover that runs down the centre of the cab.... see if there is something leaking or has leaked down there.   The radiator tubes run along there.and when they get hot, it could generate the antifreeze smell. Once the cover is off, wash it out with hot water, and dish soap,  to make sure there's no residue.  Antifreeze doesn't evaporate very fast, so maybe there is a pool of it somewhere... And make sure your pets are kept away while you do this... antifreeze is toxic...

• Member ID:  1,384
  • Content Count:  16

My 21 lonestar started to smell like coolant while plowing one day, it was the bleeder screw on each cylinder head. On each head there is a black plastic fitting with a bolt threaded in the top. All I had to do is snug those. Careful though as they are coarse thread steel bolts screwing into plastic